Friday, February 1, 2019

Oh My What a Month

Hello To All: Thank-you for all your comments on my last two posts, I do want to tell you how sorry I am I did not send email thank-you's, it has been a very busy three months.
We have had our kitchen torn up for so long I forgot what it looked like before.
Finally last Thursday I was able to start the clean up what a mess dust makes when so many people are in and out of the house, I love my new cabinets.


I have a small kitchen and love it, in our last home the kitchen was so big you could have 20 people  in there at once, I love a smaller area to work in.


Mike bought me a lot of goodies to put on top of the cabinets I wanted just a couple of fake vines in baskets but nope my sweety pie went shopping, I think her did a greart job.


I have been away from the computer do to a virus, I will never again have an external harddrive again, Best Buy found a virus hiding which caused me lots of problems, after the tower and harddrive were at Best buy for a week  we decided to buy a new tower, what a difference.
I did not want to post or email much due to I did not want to infect anyone else, I am not sure where it came from, however I was told that even though it is hard to get a virus on an IPAD or iPhone I did not want to chance it.
I have been busy stitching and beading not so much beading, I had orders for the beaded crystal beads.

I did a small which I love doing one over one on 36 count, this is one of the Doodles which I love doing, the fabric called for was a little bit bigger count, I wanted to make a scissor fob so wanted it smaller, the bumble bee  came in the little box I had to supply fabric and thread.


I did another project I started last fall, I finished this set when staying in a hotel for a week during the last week of construction, this was a kit I found in the stash relocation pile at Needlework Guild retreat last August, it came with a pattern and I had to cut all the pieces out and stitch together.


I love Brenda Gervais designs,  as you can see this is a Pin Cushion, I have an old wooden spindle I plan on putting it on, if I ever get the time to do some finishing.


I started working on a Blackbird Design it is from a retreat I took a little under two years ago, Stitchville USA has a spring retreat every year, I have not missed on in ten years, again this year we have the pleasure of having Alma and Barb back again, this will take place in April.


It is a large piece, I am excited to do this one and have it framed, I want to repaint our master bedroom and have all Blackbird Designs on my walls.

Well its time for a little stitching, I have been kind of staying in the house this past week it was minus 31 degrees Tuesday and Wednesday, however we did make it to daily Mass on Thursday it warmed up to minus 27 degrees, this morning it was a - 7 degrees so a lot warmer but still bone chilling, tomorrow it will be  warmer in the 40s that at this time of the year is a treat.
I hope you all are getting as much stitching done as your heart desires, I am off to stitch.
Thank-you for stopping by.

Catherine

13 comments:

RJ said...

Hi Catherine! I LOVE your new kitchen...it looks beautiful. I know you are happy to be able to work in there again. Your Mike is such a sweet man. I love all of your stitching. That little one with the bee is adorable. I have never seen Doodles before but I will look for them. I have made the BGervais bird...it is a sweetie! Your blackbird design looks so pretty too. Love you stitching and your choices. Glad your computer is fixed so you can email again. Missed you. RJ

Heritage Hall said...

To Mass at minus 27 degrees... It calls for beatification....bless you.
Love the choice of items that you are working. I can commiserate with you
about your computer glitches.. that gadget can really upend our existence
at times. So glad you were able to get it resolved. And your kitchen...you
must be thrilled....it looks as though it will be very efficient. Now you
can sit back sawdustless….

marly said...

So happy you love your cabinets! Until everything is completed, it's hard to visualize the end result. Beautiful! I don't think your kitchen is small, it looks like a efficient layout and plenty of storage. Yes, that dust sticks around for a while. Stay warm!

Marilyn said...

Your new kitchen is beautiful!
Love those cabinets.
Great projects you are working on also.
We have about the same weather here in WI.
Stay warm!
Marilyn

Mary said...

Catherine, You have been missed!! How exciting to have a new kitchen and a lovely farmhouse style kitchen at that!! Your kitchen is a nice size, I wouldn't call it small either. How sweet of Mike to help accessorize it too. He has great taste.

Love the BB bird, I have one sitting ifo me that I have to put together for a friend's past BD. Your new big project looks lovely and I what a great idea to have a BBD bedroom.

We have had-0 temps here too but nothing like yours! Baking in your new kitchen will keep you nice and cozy and warm!! Mary

Linda said...

Your kitchen looks awesome Catherine. I wish mine were that big. Congrats on all of the beautiful finishes.

Linda

Julie said...

Your new kitchen is beautiful Catherine, what great goodies were added after your hubbys shopping trip.
Lots of pretty stitching you have been doing. The felt ornaments are so sweet.

Vickie said...

Oh Catherine your kitchen is just gorgeous! I love the stitching you are working on. Just beautiful.

Faith... said...

Beautiful kitchen Catherine! I hope that it works out perfectly for you. Mike did good at the shopping too!

I live the little stocking and mitten set and your Doodle is beautiful!

Rita said...

I like your mini embroidery for leftovers! So sweet!

gracie said...

The new kitchen look is beautiful. Great projects..... stay warn,

Lynn said...

Hi Cathy--I have a number of the Doodle kits too! Thanks for the great idea of doing them on smaller count fabric and using them for scissor fobs... I hadn't thought of that! Your kitchen looks absolutely wonderful! Miss you!
Lynn

Carol said...

Your new kitchen was worth all of the dust and confusion, Catherine--it looks fabulous! Enjoy :)

Lovely projects especially the Brenda Gervais piece. I stitched that one, too, but gave it away--need to make another for myself!

Hope that is the end of your computer problems for a long, long while :)