Saturday, February 23, 2019

My New Start Berries And Blooms A Brenda Gervais Design

Hello to all: Thank-you for your comments in my previous posts.
I started a new project today, it is the Berries and Blooms from Brenda Gervais


I have had this pattern for a little while, I just love this set, I will be doing the wooden paddle a different way, I just do not want to have to  cut out a paddle from  wood so will do a different wood style if that makes sense to anyone other then me.

I was visiting Cathie over at: http://cathiescraftworks.blogspot.com

She was kind enough to let me share this photo of how she used a cork to help thread a needle, what a great way for some of us who need help, I use petit needles and my big fingers are always in the way plus the little bit of arthritis I have will make threading a needle so much easier.

I will be asking my favorite restaurant for one of their corks when I go to dinner next week, I love wine but only when out to dinner, I just cannot see buying a bottle and have the wine sit for so long in the fridge.
Thank-you Cathie for allowing me to use your photo, please stop over and say hello top Cathie, she has made some coasters in the shape of hearts this month, they remind me of the heart shaped candy for valentines Day.

We are getting more snow and on top of that ice, I am so sick of winter, I hope this is not an indication of a bad spring weather wise.

I am praying that the tornados down south today do not do much damage or hurt anyone, it is hard to see and hear the news when weather is involved, stay safe my friends.

I was asked a question a while back and forgot to respond, my favorite fabric count is 32 or 36 but I will work on anything even fourteen count it depends on the pattern, even if the pattern calls for 32 count I will sometimes change it to a  bigger count like 22 or 28, my favorite color of fabric is a  dark wheat or dark tan not sure why I guess it is what it is.

Well its time for coffee and a little stitching.

Have a stitch filled weekend
Thank-you for stopping by.

Catherine

11 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I like the idea of the cork. Like your new stitching project. hugs

butterfly said...

Love your new kit you will be working on .
Enjoy your day hugs.

Marilyn said...

Great choice!
Nice idea with the cork.
Love your little sewing carousel on your header, so cute.
Marilyn

Sandy said...

Your new start is a good one. I know I would be sick of winter with the snow y'all have had. IT can never be good for weather when there are extremes. We have had not much of a winter in terms of cold, but it has been the cloudiest one I can remember in ages. The sun has left us and the warm temps only mean spring will probably be a deluge of rain. I think it is ok to complain about weather:)

Linda said...

Great new start Catherine. I'm really tired of the cold also.

Linda

marly said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing with us.

Our temps were 50's today with 65 mph winds, still blowing. Then back down to 20's for another 10 days. Not much snow though, a bright spot. Sun would make a nicer bright spot!

Julie said...

Pretty new design.

Carol said...

The cork is so cute--great idea!

We got the crazy winds yesterday and lost power for four hours--thankfully, we have a gas stove so could still make dinner ;)

Enjoy that pretty new start, Catherine!

Faith... said...

What a pretty new piece you are starting Catherine!

Love the cork idea... now to look around and see which of my friends have a spare cork for me.

RJ said...

Love your new WTNT project Catherine. It sure is a pretty one and you are so good at finishing your stitches so I know it will be a wonderful piece when you are done.

Great tip on the cork. I have arthritis in my right hand and have troubles too so this should help. Sorry I didn't get here right away. I have had bad sinus and now a virus too for the past ten days. And now George has a horrible cold...it never ends. RJ

CathieJ said...

Thanks for sharing my cork idea. It works wonderfully. I hope many more people find it helpful. I love that Berries and Blooms set. I am looking forward to watching your progress on it.