Thursday, February 14, 2019

Happy Valentines Day

To all my followers: Happy Sweetheart day.
Thank-you for your lovely comments on my last post.

I have done a little stitching this week, here is my update:


I am using our parents dates of birth Mikes and mine also, I put our initials in the wreath, I am not sure if I will use the cities we were from or add more roses, I did change the color of the small roses on the bottom of the design, I wanted a little pink in there.
I hope to have this finished by Saturday evening.

Flashback: I made this small pillow way back when not even sure of the year, it ( I think was a design from Cross Stitch and Country Crafts)


I wanted to display my hearts on my table, however I cannot due to the cat has a love of playing with these, I hate when she gets on the table, I have to sanitize every morning just to have breakfast.


I am going to show you two photos I found this week, can you guess who they are? One was from Iowa and in the movies my favorite man of all times beside my husband and father.
The other was in Religious life.

                                                                He is so handsome

                                                     She is amazingly beautiful inside and out

I hear my needle calling my name, time to stitch.

Catherine

15 comments:

marly said...

LOVE your hearts. I have no idea who the photos feature!! How sad is that?

RJ said...

Lovely stitching as always Catherine. I love your heart ornaments too...really beautiful! I have no ideas on the photos either and I feel like I should. I'll keep thinking.

I promise an email this week. Life has been quite hectic lately and I'm so behind on everything. I hope you and your sweet Mike had a great Valentine's Day. RJ

butterfly said...

Lovely Hearts and stitching Catherine .
My hubby thinks It's John Wayne and yes I think I do too.
I wonder if we are right !

Marilyn said...

The BB piece is looking so pretty.
Don't you love it when you find some older stitcheries you forgot about?
They're pretty!
No clue who those photos are.
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Sandy said...

You are making good progress on your BBD stitch and I remember those pink and blue stitches. I have a few older books I think in my stash. I think it is John Wayne and the girl is on the tip of my tongue from old movies as well. I am saying Barbara Stanwyck , but pretty sure that isn't it. Just can't remember.

Mary said...

Marion Morrison!!! I don't know who the female is. Love your progress on that beautiful stitch!! Oh, cats can be a pain with the love of jumping on high spaces....I'm lucky that my cat doesn't play with my cross stitch....

Vickie said...

Your stitching is coming along great Catherine. What a sweet pillow. Love those hearts you made.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Is that Mother Thereas and John Wayne. I love your beautiful stitching and if you use a spray bottle with water in it and every time the cat jumps on the table spray her in the face and she soon stop getting on your table. It works but you have to be patient. If you can gab her and spray her face she won't like that and it will get her to stop jumping on the table. Hope that helps. Have a great day. Hugs

Edgar said...

Beautiful stitching!!! I knew that great John Wayne photo, very early for sure.....

Linda said...

Nice progress Catherine and I love the hearts. John Wayne was my mom's favorite actor.

Linda

The Liberty Belle said...

I would recognize The Duke anywhere! Your stitch is coming along nicely!

The Liberty Belle said...

Oh! Meant to ask, is the young lady Joyce Meyer?

Faith... said...

I love your hearts Catherine and hope that you and Mike had a lovely Valentines Day. Looks like you need to get a basket to keep your stitching on display and away from the kitty!

Mary said...

I love your wip, it is so pretty.

Julie said...

Pretty stitching.
Recognised John Wayne but not the lady