Saturday, April 29, 2023

Lots Of Stitching

 Greetings to all my lovely followers, I have sent thank-you's to those of you that have emails, to a few that have no emails, thank-you all from my heart for visiting and commenting

I have been able to get in some stitching and reading which makes me very happy.

I had to rip out one quarter of the left side of the Blue Ribbon Design Hayride Happenings by https://blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com Belinda has a great site with stitching sewing and quilting, please visit her site.



I used a Natural linen 28 count with the called for DMC thread 
this is from the Just Cross Stitch 10/2018 magazine


I finished stitching the Swan Lake by Blackbird Designs Anniversary Of The Heart series I used a unknown fabric from stash and a variety of threads from Gentle Arts
I did remove the A and put in a heart at the top
I am not one for putting dates in stitching form on my stitching very often


I am working on Woodland Walk Sampler from Wishing Thorn
I am using a 32 count Belfast Linen and the called for DMC threads, I love this design.




It is finally spring here but a bit chilly I will take the chilly weather over the sub-zero temps.
I plan on having a finishing day tomorrow after Mass and lunch with friends, we meet once a month and go to Mass in a small town called Watkins here in Minnesota, a very quiet and charming place with a very old-fashioned Catholic Church
Have a wonderful week stitching and please visit my other followers

❤️Catherine❤️







15 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching, Catherine!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Love your Owl stitching. Have a great weekend. Hugs Lynda Ruth

Pamela said...

All three are nice but I especially like the swans. Blue is my favorite color.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Catherine wow you do such beautiful work ,well done 🌹🤍🌹

marly said...

Great choices Catherine. Sorry about that one quarter removal. Sometimes we can fudge, sometimes we prefer to correct! Hope your Sunday meet-up was enjoyable.

Sandi said...

Sounds wonderful. Do you have pictures of the church?

Marilyn said...

Nice stitching Catherine.
Still cool weather here, gets down to 28 Degrees at night, :(
Have a wonderful weekend!
Marilyn

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I love seeing all your stitching projects. Wish I had time to do more cross stitching but it seems I'm all-consumed with landscapes.

Sandy said...

Lovely stitching. I am glad y'all are finally getting some spring. I have enjoyed our cooler than normal spring. It has been cool in the mornings, but warms up nicely for the day. My flowers are happy right now. This is probably their favorite time of the year.

Toki said...

I like all three.
I love Woodland.
I also want to stitch a design like the one in the picture someday.

gracie said...

Wonderful projects and stitching. We are starting with the triple digit temps...hot.

Carol said...

Your owl piece is darling, Catherine! So sorry that you had to rip out a bit, but it turned out so cute! Love the anniversaries of our heart finish, too--beautiful colors. I'm not one for putting dates on anything except for samplers. I really don't like to put dates on my Christmas ornaments! Woodland Walk is so pretty--haven't seen that design before.

I hope your area is warming up at last. This past week has been one of the gloomiest, most rainy weeks I ever remember. Thankfully, tomorrow will be nice and break the cycle. Have a wonderful weekend! ♥

DJ said...

Hi Catherine! What a feast for the eyes! I'm sorry it's been so long since I've visited your site, I really should visit more often. You've been getting so much stitching done! I love the swan sampler, and the fall piece is lovely too! Your finishing looks professional! I hope the weather has warmed up since last month! Happy Stitching!

Pink Rose said...

Love your stitching Catherine ,well done and I hope you have a lovely day 🌹🤍🌹

Astrids dragon said...

You have two beautiful finishes, do you know how you're going to fully finish them?
That's a great start to your Woodland Walk.
I hope by now you are starting to feel the warmth of summer.