Monday, April 17, 2023

Snow and Stitching

Thank-you to all my faithful followers, thank-you from my heart for your lovely comments.

I have done some stitching, some spring cleaning, and lots of not so happy moments this weekend, we has six plus inch's of snow I say six Michael says plus, I long to sit out on the front porch with my coffee and book, we had two days of 80 degrees last week melted the five feet of snow on the lawn.


Deck from the kitchen


deck from the bedroom


Now for some stitching, I have been a little busy working on the  Swan Anniversary of the Heart from Blackbird designs, I hope to have it finished tonight.





I also did some constructions on a few items first is A Study In Blue
I love this design and the finishing, I worked on it in 2022 and finished stitching in November 


I used a bunch of leftover Weeks threads with some Gentle Arts Thread colors I stitched this and finished


The Biscornu is small enough to use on my pinking shears


I really like this design and finish I stitched and finished in February 2023 


I also finished a Kitty and me design, into an ornament, it was a freebie from Pamela athttps://kittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com
I finished stitching this in February 2023 


The next finish is a Brenda Gervais Easter Parade, I stitched some time back
I am not sure of the fabric on the bottom, I think I should have done a different print
I really love the design, the ribbons are from an Etsy site MyScrapCabinShop, she has so many beautiful colors to choose from you can buy in sets or individual, they are long pieces
I stitched this way back in March 2019, I am so slow at constructing, I have a pile of about 50 items that need constructing


This is my next project, I did this into a pillow many years ago, I will make this one a triangle tree, Liz Mathews (who is Kathy Barricks daughter has some tree designs in standing triangles




Its time for another latte and some reading have a wonderful day
Please Pray that the crime in the USA stops, its so sad how many lives are lost due to crime by gun knife and other means
Have a wonderful stitching week

Catherine





16 comments:

marly said...

Oh Catherine. Bummer! I know some states have been white for months and just when you think it's over, bam! Soon it will be the end. I so want a porch, and your deck looks huge with a private beautiful view. Very nice. Lots of blues in your stichery and all lovely. Hope you and Mike are doing well.

Thank you for your comments, I can't reply and most everyone's are going to a spam folder. I need a workable program!!

Pink Rose said...

Hi Catherine oh the snow looks so pretty from your different windows. Wow your blue work is so beautiful,I love seeing your pretty stitcheries ,thankyou for sharing them with us,hope you have a lovely day 🌹🤍🌹

Lux G. said...

I can only imagine how cold it is! Great way to spend your time indoors. I wish I'm as skillful as you are.

butterfly said...

Beautiful Stitching Catherine , I love all your work.
Oh dear it looks so cold there I hope Spring will come your way soon.
Yes it's a sad world ,lets hope it will get better and not worse .
Have a lovely week hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Great projects Catherine!
I too have many pieces to finish.
We had 80's all week last week, it felt good to get out & clean up.
Woke up to an inch of snow on Monday, & also today.
Our neighbors, who winter in FL, are coming home today.....to snow.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

You have been a busy bee, Catherine....some beautiful finishes there. You know I am jealous about your snow, but hope, for your sake, this is the end of it!

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching, Cathrine!
Hope you can sit outdoor soon!

Toki said...

I'm surprised the snow, but your deck is nice.
I like the design of the work you choose😊.
Enjoy your latte, reading and stitching.

Heritage Hall said...

O Catherine, just love your beautiful work in blue. So sorry the snow
will just not let go and allow you to really get outdoors. Let us hope in
no time you will be sitting on that deck and enjoying the sunshine. There
is always latte to get you through the day.

Vickie said...

Oh Catherine your stitching is just beautiful!
We only got a dusting of snow over the weekend and it disappeared fast. I am sorry my friend.

gracie said...

Beautiful stitching,not so nice snow. Poor Mike. Hugs to both of you.

Pamela said...

You must be tires of the snow and winter! You have some sweet stitching to show in this post!

Pamela said...

Oops! I meant to write “tired”

Sue said...

What lovely stitching and finishing Catherine all so very pretty but love the study in blue.
Nice to see the snow especially if you can sit in the warm and watch it fall xx

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Spring just doesn't want to stay this year it seems. We had temps that broke heat records last week and now it's back to really cold and snow flurries. Enough already!!
You've been busy completing so many pretty things.

Astrids dragon said...

Oh my, you have been busy stitching and finishing, they all look so lovely. The blues are really pretty and I LOVE the Easter Parade.
Bring on the warmer weather!