Saturday, April 1, 2023

Some Stitching And Lots Of Snow

 Thank-you to all my followers who leave lovely comments, I am so sorry I have not sent thank-you emails, I have been very busy.

 April 1st  is suppose to be spring like it is not, we had lots of bad weather,  we have in the past three days had thunder, lightning very high winds and lots of snow, I am so tired and over winter.

Her are a few photos of the snow Mike had to remove ( I feel so bad for him in his pain) moving snow.





This was a free chart I recieved from Pamela Kellogg, I love the colors, I want to stitch an ornament or                                          two a month, I need to add to my collection of ornaments


                                 It is stitched on 28 count unknown linen using all DMC threads


I started working on Blackbird Designs Swan Lake it is number seven of the Anniversary of the heart                           series, I am using another unknown fabric with DMC called for threads




I will be changing the color of the house, not sure what color I will use just yet on the Valentine Rose                                                                                    design


I will also change the color of the house on Elizabeth Jane, I have to go through my stash to see if I have                                                              the other designs in this series



Up next is Strawberry faire, I did this as a stitch along with Helen D on Flosstube, I did change some of the thread colors, i want to use up many of the leftover threads from past projects, it is a mix of DMC                                                              and Weeks Dye Works Threads


October House has a new design out to be a companion with this one


I have been very busy with stitching for Church's again, I have large Alter cloth I made but forgot to take a photo, I have to tweak it a bit today which I will do at Church before Mass this evening, I will get a                                                       photo then and share on my next post
Please Pray for all the people devastated in the storms and tornados down south, I emailed Lynda Ruth                                    last week, please Pray for her healing, she said she will post soon

                                                              Happy Blessed Spring
                                                                        Catherine




16 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Wow! You sure have had a ton of snow. Totally foreign to me as I live in Florida. It looks like a lot of work to clear the sidewalks and driveway.

Beautiful projects!

Sandy said...

That is a ton of snow. Spring has arrived here. March was all over the place with weather, but February was so warm that many things are blooming earlier than usual. I understand about replying. I think I am going to do better and life happens. We just love to see the stitching. The first was is adorable.

Monique said...

How many Snow!
Here in the nord of Italy it don’t rains from many months …

Marilyn said...

Great stitching Catherine.
I too am sick of this weather.
We have had terrible storms the last 2 nights.
It seems too, just when the snow melts, it snows again the next day.
Not sure we are having Spring this year.
We got married on April 9th, 41 years ago, & I remember it was 30 degrees with 2" of snow on the ground!
Happy Eater!
Marilyn

Clare-Aimetu said...

Our spring did not start either, you sure had a lot of snow. Lovely stitching

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I know before long we'll likely be complaining about the heat but right now I'm going to be so happy to see the backside of snow (mind you, I'm happy to see the backside of it two days after it arrives in the fall). Then I guess our next problem will be dealing with the huge storms which seem to be becoming more the norm. And they say global warming isn't a thing!!
Looks like you've been busy with your needle and threads and have been creating some pretties.

Toki said...

It's still snowing, isn't it?
Be careful not to cool down your body.
Although you are busy, you did a lot of embroidery. Nice design.
Cute and gentle design.
I like it very much.😉

Marilyn said...

Great stitching Catherine.
October House has some cute designs.
I hope Mike didn't overdo it.
Take care.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

You certainly have been busy stitching!
I stitch buttons back on the altar boys robes at church. :) You would not believe how often those boys yank them off despite my using thick, tough thread and sewing them on well!
I am praying for Lynda Ruth also.

Edgar said...

Wowzers... what a heap of snow... all we get is wind and rain here by the Bay... and the occasional hail, but no snow. I am loving the AotH from BBD. I remember what a fun piece it was to stitch.

Pink Rose said...

Hi Catherine I am new to your blog I loved seeing the snow ,not much fun to have to move it though. Your stitching is beautiful well done,hope you have a lovely day 🌹🤍🌹

Marti said...

All that snow in April! Clearing snow all the time would get old fast, and clearing it in the dark would be even worse. I hope you had some hot chocolate or coffee ready for him.

Your needlework is lovely, as always.

butterfly said...

That's allot of snow Catherine .
We had snow in April a couple of years ago , One week we were sitting in the sun the next snow every where .
Hope it melts soon ,
Beautiful stitching has always ,
Keep warm hugs June.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow! Lovely stitching as usual. Thanks so much for your nice comments on my blog posts. I really appreciate you! Take care and I hope you see Spring flowers soon! ❤️

roughterrain crane said...

A lot of snow. Take care not to slip.
Strawberry looks sweet.

Astrids dragon said...

So that's where our snow went this season, we got nothin!
You're working on some really sweet patterns, the Strawberry faire is really cute.