Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Another Fully Finished Part of A Project

Greetings All: Maybe we will be getting back to a 3/4 back to normal day starting Monday, the Governor will decide this weekend, that is the projected date.

I do have two pieces of a class project from Betsy Morgan from Madison Wisconsin Class back last summer.
I thought it was going to be hard, nope the lady that does Betsy's finishing is a Lady by the name of Marilyn, she is amazing, I have met her, she is a very sweet person, her stitching is also top notch.
This is the Bee Contained Box, I did not do a great job on the finishing but love it anyway.




I think I put too big of a button on this box, maybe not,  what do you think? let me know.





We must save our bee's without them we will never have cross pollination thus no flowers or honey.


I love the way it shows the Bee's and Crown, I am very happy with how this turned out.


The top has a beautiful charm which was given to us in class by Betsy, she is a very generous Lady.


Can you see the cat hairs? that is because Blondie The cat tried to play with this box bottom, I did not see them till it was uploaded here, so sorry, plus there is a flaw in the silk but I kind of like it, that way it is mine.


This little baby we stitched in class, I totally love the little bee on top,  I had to stitch this twice, I made  a cutting error the first time.



I just need to construct the rest of the project soon, i will post a photo of them all together.
Stay Healthy My Dear Friends.

Catherine💖

14 comments:

marly said...

Wow. You really have mastered finishing these special projects. That tiny hive is adorable. Not sure about the button size. I do not like the small one on the chart cover. Maybe change to a light beige one?

butterfly said...

Wonderful bee stitch .
You do make some amazing needle work .
Enjoy a lovely day .

Sandra said...

Your finishing is amazing, don't do yourself down. Just love this project and wish I lived in the US so could take the class. I do think the button is a bit on the large side, it sort of detracts from the finish, I wonder if you have a smaller one the same colour as the gold thread.

Pamela said...

Wonderful finish! I admire Betsy Morgan’s designs.

Rita said...

What a lovely stitching and wonderful finish!

Mary said...

Catherine, I couldn't even begin to think about taking on such a complex finishing project. Your finishing is excellent!! I love this kit. I love anything with bees, they are such amazing creatures.

Funny about not seeing the cat hair till you download the photo, that happens to me all the time. I love the silk, I think it looks beautiful. Stay well!

Marilyn said...

This is so cute!
Love that little Beehive.
I think you did a great job finishing it.
Yes, maybe a little smaller button.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Catherine, you've done a wonderful job on the stitching and finishing...you should be proud. IMHO, the button is a little big and distracting. Stay well!

Claudette497 said...

That's an amazing finish - it looks great!

Julie said...

Stunning finish. You are very talented and finishing things so differently.

Faith... said...

Oh it is sooo little! I love your finishing and always think you do a great job; the patience you must have. I say if you like the button like it is then just leave it! After all it is all about pleasing you!

Barb said...

I was in that class with you, and your finishing is awesome. You are certainly motivating me to get going on my stitching. Love the bees and crown. Such a fun class.

Edgar said...

What a lovely piece!! Congrats!

Astrids dragon said...

OMGoodness, what a fantastic finish! You know it's not a finish without those "special" fibers.
The baby stitched piece is absolutely adorable, I'm looking forward to seeing it all together.