Sunday, April 5, 2020

Some Finishing

Hello Dear Friends: I have been very busy, I volunteer at the local food shelf here in Annandale, Mn.
We have many new clients which brakes my heart, many of them I know, we have cried when they see me I am the one they come to for the fresh items, they have told me they are so embarrassed, I tell them that if it were me on the other side of the barrier I am sure they would feel the same way sad but willing to help.
We are not able to come in contact with each other it is a very good system that the directors have come up with, I work with the best teams, from the couple who pick up food at the local grocery store to the guys who pick up at Target and Walmart, these are some amazing people.
There are only a hand full of us who are able to work, many of our volunteers have underlying health issues.

Now on to the thigs I have been doing, we redid the cabinets and vanities in the main bath, it is so fresh and pretty.

now some stitching, I did finish my  Blue Ribbon Designs  My Precious Treasures, I am not making the satin bag that is in the pattern, I want to put everything in a round shaker box.







I did finish constructing my Class project from last August Needlework Guild Retreat.


This is the pin cushion I created, it was not a part of the design, I made a mistake so turned it into a pin cushion.


This is the inside of the needlebook, I did make a change here also, I wanted to put my own mark on this little design.


The inside of the box with the pin cushion, it was to have an my initials  on there, I like the button better.

 , This is the outside of the needlebook (not sure why it looks wrinkled, maybe because of the light.


This is the front side of the needlebook, again I used a pearl button, these   buttons came from Hobby Lobby

One side of the scissor fob, I love how small it is, so dainty and small, I did my own twisted cord, I cannot believe how well it turned out, the last cord I made it looked like a mess.


This is the box top, I love this design so much, however this will be given to one of my nieces, that is one reason I do not put initials on some of my stitched deigns.


I do have more to share but do not want to make this a day long read.
Please stay healthy, I read where the rate of domestics has risen, not just spouses but children with their parents and siblings, soon this will be in the past and we can get back to normal.

Blessings
Catherine

16 comments:

Robin said...

My goodness both collections are beyond beautiful. Beautiful work and excellent finishing. Keep safe and stay healthy.

marly said...

My mouth dropped when I saw your finishes, and I have nothing to put in it. What glorious treasures! You have more to show? Please!!

You and people like you are making such a difference in the lives of those in need. Thank you. God bless!

Stasi said...

Thanks for what you're doing at the food bank...your stitching pieces are wonderful!

Rita said...

Oh, so great finishes, congrats!

CathieJ said...

I am sitting here loving all your pretty stitchery. Those pieces are beautiful. I give thanks every day that my husband and I are still able to work from home as are our children. So many people are out of work right now. Thank you so much for donating your time at the food bank in this scary time.

Vickie said...

Oh Catherine! These are GORGEOUS!! God will bless you for your work. We had to rely on our parish food pantry when I was a girl after my parents divorced. I was mortified. It was a lifesaver for our family.

Sandy said...

I have such a hard time when I think too long about the many who will need a food pantry. I guess I have such a hard time with it because I taught school for 31 years. I know how many families struggle in the best of times. I try to keep my mind off of it and pray.
Your finishes are wonderful. The needle book is just fantastic. So pretty and useful too.

maxi said...

Hello Cahterine,
i like your box of stitch stuff - i hope it is the right word ;-).
Stay healthy! Happy eastern for you & familie
happy stitching
maxi

Marilyn said...

The Blue Ribbon is beautiful, love that Peacock.
Your niece will love the set you've made for her, so pretty.
Yes, the food bank situations are sad, but much needed at this time, thanks for volunteering.
Marilyn

Sandy said...

All your stitching is so pretty and so springy, it makes me smile. It's finally warming up here and we have a few less dull gray drab days. I even have some daffodils brightening my yard. Thank you for your volunteer work. It's always important, but now even more so. Take care of yourself and stay well.
Sandy's Space

Julie said...

So many lovely stitching things in this post, a feast for the eyes.
A lot of people are having to resort to getting help they never thought they would, well done you for volunteering.

butterfly said...

Love your Stitching so pretty .
Great that you are helping out well done .
Stay safe big hugs.

Carol said...

You are such a blessing to those in your community, Catherine! Take good care now and keep on with your beautiful stitching ♥

Faith... said...

Such beautiful stitching and finishing Catherine.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to volunteer and help others. I think that ou guys will be very busy for a long while.

Happy Easter

Astrids dragon said...

How wonderful that you volunteer like you do, so many people are in need.
Look at all those peacocks, they look so lovely! I look forward to seeing them all finished.
Your finishes from the retreat look fantastic, such beautiful colours.

عبده العمراوى said...



شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بصفوى
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بسيهات