Wednesday, April 22, 2020

Some Stitching and Finishing

Hello to all my dear friends here in Blogland: It is a trying time for all of us I am sure.
I hope you all are well and stitching and getting things done that you would have left for another time.
We have been cleaning closets, garage, working to get the yard in order for warm weather, putting out patio furniture and putting our reading chairs out on the front porch.
Plus working at the food shelf every week which makes me feel good to help out in this horrible time.
I did a little finishing on a few items, I will not show everything, it would be a long post.
First up is a Brenda Gervais Easter Frills which I stitched way way back in 2014 January.
I love the trim which I bought from Etsy.


This is one for my Patriotic Corner, I am not sure why it looks like it has wrinkles, in person it looks smooth.


This was a wood bunny I bought from my Dear Neighbor at one of her garage sales a while ago.
I was not sure what to do with it, I think it looks adorable, it sits in the entry way by the door.
This is a Blackbird Designs pattern, it is called Breath of Spring.


This is a Tammy Black Scattered Seeds Sampler auto-ship kit, I love her designs, I hope to have this finished by this weekend.
I love the fabric choices and the coordinating fabric Tammy chooses, she always includes a charm of some kind and a ribbon.



This is my next project, another Tammy Black design, look at that cute charm it is a birds nest with eggs, so cute.


Well that should do it for now, I want to get dinner on the table and read a little before Masked Singer comes on.
Stay well and safe.

Blessings
Catherine

15 comments:

Pamela said...

Lovely stitching and finishing! Take care.

butterfly said...

So many lovely stitching and finishes iteams.
You have been busy .
You seem to be doing all the same things we have been doing .
I said to hubby there are not enough hours in the day ha.
We are kind of enjoying ourselves spending time together .
My hubby and I make phone calls each day to people we know who are on their own .
Also helping with sorting out funds and food for our local eating house who are cooking loads of meals for our town folk who are there own.
Stay safe

maxi said...

Hey Catherine,
you bunny has a cute finish!
Stay well
Happy stitching
maxi

Marilyn said...

All very cute finishes.
I am keeping busy doing things around the house, baking, sewing & stitching.
Take care.
Marilyn

Sandy said...

That last pattern and fabric is going to be so pretty together. I think the bunny turned out cute too. All great finishes.

Vickie said...

Such adorable stitching Catherine! God bless your for your help at the food pantry. Stay safe and well my dear.

Mary said...

Catherine, Beautiful stitching and finishing!! I love the egg, I have that pattern and need to get to it soon. Love the trim on it...
Liberty for All came out great, love the star and heart button on it. The baskets look so nice on the bunny!! I just love the Tammy Black design, The birdcage is so sweet and the coordinating fabric is so pretty. Her designs are wonderful.
Glad to hear your making good use of all your free time and how kind of you to donate time at the food bank. Stay well.

Susan Zarzycki said...

They are all lovely! I am amazed at all you manage to accomplish.💖

Julie said...

Lots of lovely things to see whilst catching up with you.
I don't seem to have enough hours in the day, spending lots of time making sure others are ok and them getting in touch with me too.
We are fine here, simple things giving us pleasure and enjoying the peace and quiet.
Take care

Jackie's Stitches said...

Fantastic job with finishing! I particularly love the bunny finish!

We are collecting quite a donate pile and doing a lot of organizing inside the house. It feels good to stay busy!

Carol said...

Your stitching is lovely, Catherine! Glad you are doing well and still able to volunteer your time at the food pantry. You take good care now...

marly said...

Easter Frills is adorable. Your finishing is always beautifully done. No post with projects is ever too long!! Take care of you!!

Rita said...

Beautiful stitching and finishes, Cathrine!

Faith... said...

I love the piece mounted on the bunny!

Astrids dragon said...

Household chores and yard work seems to be the new norm, but at least everything should look good for the summer!
Such adorable finishes, the wooden bunny looks great.
Your two wips are lovely, I really love the birdcage.