Monday, October 9, 2023

Some Stitching And A Finish Please Pray For The Safety Of Israel

 Hello Dear Friends: 

Please I ask from my heart for you to Pray for Peace in Israel 

Thank-you for all your Prayers thoughts and kind words on Michaels health, so far he is doing better, out of the hospital and hopefully healing properly.

I have been able to do a bit of stitching, I found this lovely kit at retreat and wanted to stitch it, I just have to stuff it, I will show a photo next post. It is a Shepherds Bush Needleworkers Roll, the kits was a partial I used an unknown fabric two over two and specialty threads, there were leftover threads, the scissors were in my stash.

I have a bunch of needle rolls I will have to show sometime, that I have made over the years.



Not a great photo so sorry, I will be stuffing it this evening


I Stitched a Christmas ornament and will construct it this evening, it is a  A sweet design I used Fuzzy                                                 Stuff from Rainbow Gallery's threads for his beard, 

            I also used an unknown fabric and mixed threads to stitch him, he is a hoot, he is stitched                                                                  on 32 count fabric two over two threads




I was able to get a day away for myself last month with the Potpourri Stitchers a group of amazing ladies from Minnesota Needlework Guild members, we went to Buttermilk Basin store, they sell fabrics wool threads and patterns for quilting and felt work, I love this store, so many other items that were not stitching related, it is an amazing store here in Minnesota, they also have a web site, many of their designs are Buttermilk Basin designs. I bought some wool for a Steamer Box top which I need to work on

I bought this a sweet design for winter of deer in snow, I plan on making this in the shape of a heart, it is            beautiful as a heart finish, I bought the kit




Someone at retreat started a bookmark, I finished it by adding the stitches inside the border that was already stitched, I also added the beads and tear drop



I stitched this in April and finally constructed it this weekend, I stitched this on 28 count two over two threads with the called for threads, it is a Blue Ribbon design, I like Belindas designs, if you get a chance pop on over to her site https://blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com
Belinda has quilt stitching and so much to see on her site, please visit


 I was the lucky winner of the giveaway at https://stitchingdream.blogspot.com please visit Carols blogspot, she has so many beautiful Christmas ornaments she makes her finishing is beautiful.
I won Spirited America Angel, it is a Brooks Books design and so adorable, I hope to start it this week
Thank-you carol

Well its been a roller coaster of a few months, I have lost 15 pounds and not the good way to lose it, I just hope it stays away, due to all the running back and forth to the hospital for Michael and his health
I have been watching a few YouTube videos, my favorite is the Country Stitchers, Northwoods Stitcher, 
Helen D, Blue Ribbon Designs, Vonna Twisted Stitcher, Teresa Kogut, Kindred Stitcher and a few more, it is fun to see what other stitchers are up to.

Until Next Time
Hugs
Catherine💙💚❤️🧡

21 comments:

butterfly said...

Love to read your posts Catherine , you have some lovely stitching going on there .
Oh how I wish everyone would stop fighting. We have a wonderful world .
But it won't be for long if we don't stop.
It's so sad.I pray for all.
Hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Great projects!
Santa's beard looks awesome.
Glad you got some stitching time.
Prayers for Mike, you, & Israel.
Take care.
Marilyn

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Rajani Rehana said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stasi said...

Glad Mike is on the mend.
Your Santa on the bike is adorable! And the bookmark, needle roll and BRD piece...love that especially.... turned out wonderful. I'm happy you got away for a day and could enjoy being with stitchers.

Heritage Hall said...

Such good news about Michael's progress. Let us agree to hug one another and others in prayer and make our contribution to the peace we seek. Love your stitched projects and
happy you were able to get some stitching/shopping time away from concerns. Just love the
cycling Santa ....

marly said...

Oh I remember those rolls! Everyone was stitching them. And that is the first Santa on a bicycle design I've seen. Sweet! Glad Mike is recouping.

Katie said...

Glad to hear Mike is doing better and you have got some stitching time. I remember needle rolls. I have a few in my pile of finished pieces. I knew several girls who did one a month for several years. Fun. Love your bookmark. The felt piece is beautiful. I've never tried it. My mom had a fun winter themed kit so I think I might try it and see if like it.

Pamela said...

You have a lot of pretty things in the works! I made one needle roll with December on it. You should do a post with all of yours. We'd all love to see them.

DJ said...

I'm so glad to hear that Michael is doing better, continued prayers for his full and complete healing! Your stitching is lovely! I love the cycling Santa, he is darling! Your bookmark is lovely and Buttermilk Basin is adorable! I'm looking forward to seeing it finished in a heart shape! My favorite is the needle roll. I have a few in my stash to stitch, but I've been a true coward when it comes to finishing them...lol. One of these days I'll have to put on my big girl pants and give it a try! I'm so happy to see you stitching again and taking time for yourself. I have been and will continue to pray for Israel. Happy Stitching!

Vickie said...

You have so many adorable projects. I love that Santa on the bike! What a hoot!
So glad to hear Michael is doing well. God bless him.
We are praying for Israel.

CathieJ said...

I visited Belinda and Carol's sites and now have them bookmarked. Thanks for the links. I am so glad to hear that Michael is now recovering. That Santa ornament is so cute! Love the needleroll. What do you use to keep the bookmark from being floppy? Congrats on the giveaway win. I am praying for Israel. Take care.

Toki said...

Hello Catherine. I'm glad Michael's treatment is progressing well.😌 And I'm glad you have time to sew. 😊
I always like the designs you choose.Cute, unique and classic. Santa on a bicycle is the best.😆

Carol said...

I'm so glad to read that Mike is on the mend, Catherine. I'm really happy that you could get a day away to meet with fellow stitchers, too. It takes a lot out of you being a caregiver.

Love that Santa--I should stitch that for my husband who is an avid bicyclist :) Your little fall pillow is darling, too.

Thankfully, we have our stitching to offer some comfort in this crazy world... Take care now! ♥

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There are so many areas of the world that need prayers right now...the list is becoming longer by the day it seems.
Glad to hear that your DH is doing better and hope that he continues to do well.
And...great fun to look through all your pretty stitcheries. What would we do without being able to stitch.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying as you requested.

May I thank you for visiting my Blog and saying that you enjoyed reading my book. It is support such as yours that encourages and keeps me writing. Much appreciated.

God bless always.

Sue said...

Such lovely stitching Catherine, love the Santa on the bike. In all my years of stitching I have never made a needle roll, perhaps now is the time to try. Glad to read that Mike is improving, hugs Sue x

Sandi said...

I like your crafts here. Very nice!

Praying for the whole world. Lord, help us.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Many thanx again for your recent visit and your kindness.

God bless.

Faith... said...

I am praying for peace everywhere. It seems like everyone is at war and there is no good reason for it except greed and meanness. I am so glad Michael is home and that you were able to relax a little and get in some stitching time for yourself. What a cute Santa, the fuzzy beard looks great! All of your stitching looks wonderful! I hope that life will stay calm for you at least for a while so you can take care of yourself also. Lots of hugs and prayers for the two of you.

roughterrain crane said...

Santa riding a bicycle is very cute.