Tuesday, December 17, 2019

I Need To Vent

After watching the news the last couple of days I am mad very mad and upset over the fact that a snot nose person could refuse service to two Deputies at a Starbucks.
I am a major fan of Starbucks but am about ready to boycott them.
If a Starbucks needs law enforcement to respond do they think maybe that law enforcement should do like they did refuse service, no all law enforcement will go above and beyond to help people.
It is a total shame that Starbucks that has been around for decades would let this happen.
I am not sure what the training for employees is but Starbucks needs to have a reality check, they should realize that if everyone stopped for one day from buying a coffee or treat from them it would be a financial disaster.
So please forgive me for ranting, I come from a law enforcement family, I honor and love all who get up everyday in hot cold and horrible weather to make sure I am safe each day, if I need an officer they come without hesitation.
God Bless Them All.

Catherine

14 comments:

Pink Rose said...

oh Catherine this is shocking !!!!

capecodgirl565 said...

This is disgusting. I have never frequented Starbucks for many similar policies of theirs.

marly said...

It's happened several times, won't be the last. I prefer Dunkin Donuts, can't see what the big deal is about Starbucks products. The attitudes of the younger people around here have changed from acceptance to intolerance of anyone not agreeing with them, or judging people by labels. It's been an agenda in our schools here for years and is now prevalent.

Heritage Hall said...

Evidently that poor, ignoramus never felt the need for the deputies or God, but
that day will happen and the light bulb will go on and the memory of what transpired
at Starbucks will come to haunt and, hopefully, to change that misguided attitude...
That's what happens when the moral compass is hidden or lost in a society...A pity.

Sandra said...

I live in the UK so I don't know the incident you are referring to, or what caused them to be refused service. Personally I never go to Starbucks, there are places just as good at much cheaper prices.

Marilyn said...

That's not the first time, but it needs to stop.
We need our law enforcement officers to protect us.
Last week by our old house, a student had a gun, when officers arrived, he pulled the gun on the officer, so the officer shot him in the leg.
The parents are now suing the police dept.
What are they supposed to do/ Stand there & let the guy shoot him & maybe others?
It's getting disgusting.
Marilyn

Sandy said...

Amen!

Vickie said...

I too am repulsed by the behavior Catherine. No one in my family ever visits a Starbucks. And we all respect the police.

Tanza Erlambang said...

I agree with your concern, we should respect the police.

# Have a wonderful day

gracie said...

Totally agree with you. I had not heard about this issue. In recent times they certainly have had a few problems.
I am finally catching up...Murphy has kept me very busy.

The Liberty Belle said...

Well said! Have a wonderful weekend.

Marti said...

I hadn't heard this story, but I agree with you.

Faith... said...

Please vent away Catherine! I have not visited Starbucks in many years due to their treatment of different minority groups and this just adds one more reason to the list! Starbucks can not always just say 'sorry, we are working on that problem' and expect things to be ok.

Astrids dragon said...

Maybe they should be more choosy as to who they hire, unacceptable!