Friday, December 13, 2019

I Am So Busy

Hello to all my faithful followers and the occasional follower.
Monica: I noticed you as a new follower, please email me your blog address so I may follow you, the same to all others who I do not have your blog address.
So sorry I have not sent emails thanking you for stopping by, I have been very busy.
It is a very busy time here in the Laurent household, I was busy with the Christ Child Luncheon, baking (still baking now for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day) snow removal, visiting and of course stitching.
I am this day working on a couple of side Alters for Mary and Joseph Alters, the lace was old and  the fabric needed help.
I am also sewing a new Credence Table Cover, so much to do beside laundry for Church, I love it.
I do have a couple of finished items to show, they were stitched a while ago.


This is a With Thy Needle Thy Needle & Thread design, the frame is very small inside of hoop is three inch's across, I used a pomp pom trim I received as a gift.



This is a Just Nan design  I am not sure of the name because I could not find the pattern, I may have donated it.


This is a piece that was started by someone at Needlework Guild, they put it in the stash relocation pile, I then took it home and finished it into a coaster, I will try and not spill coffee on it.

 This is what I am looking at today light snow falling, my Dear Barbara in Florida: if I could  send you snow I would but the weather man down there may not like me for doing so.



I have started stitching the Pope John Paul design, it is a challenge, I am not a fan of colored charts, I am going to give this to mike for his birthday next year.
I will be starting on my By The Bay design this weekend, that means I will have two projects going at once, not sure how I will do I am a one at a time girl.
Check out the SAL at By The Bay  http://bythebayneedleart.blogspot.com plus Donna is having a giveaway in her Etsy shop, stop over and see what she has going on.

DMC has a boat load of free designs to download, you may have to fidget with  t downloads a bit but there are a few really cute Christmas designs that stitch up fast.
It is time to start dinner.
Thank you for stopping by.

Merry Christmas To All who Celebrate Christmas
Catherine

12 comments:

Pink Rose said...

Hi Catherine oh you have been so busy ,i love the ornaments that you have made they are so beautiful.
Oh your pic with the snow is so pretty and your new stitchery will be lovely to make xx

Stasi said...

Catherine, love your finishes in the hoops--very sweet! I'm with Barbara...please send some snow my way!!! Merry Christmas to you!

Pamela said...

Sweet ornaments! Enjoy the busy holiday season!

marly said...

I must live under a rock with Lauren. Finishing with a hoop as a frame! What a great way to make ornaments! It's not easy to get a perfect round especially without puckers. I'll be looking for tiny hoops.

Meg said...

Lovely stitching, Catherine! And such a pretty picture of the snow. Stay warm! ❤️

Marilyn said...

Cute finishes.
I remember when hoop finishes were popular a number of years ago, looks like it's coming back.
The Pope project looks intense, but will be awesome when done.
No snow here yet.
Wishing you a very Merry CHristmas.

Sandy said...

The stitches are all very pretty. I don't think I want that much snow here. I will just visit it and leave it there although it has been rainy and cool for the last three days. No pretty view with just rain.

Vickie said...

Oh those finishes in the hoops are darling! Wow Pope John Paul is going to be quite magnificent!

Astrids dragon said...

Three lovely finishes! Maybe you could scotchguard the coaster to protect it?
Pope John Paul will look so nice when finished.
You have snow, I'm so jealous! We've only been teased.

Tanza Erlambang said...

beautiful images...
love your pretty stitches...great work

Mary said...

You have been busy Catherine!! I love your With they needle and thread finish. WE have had lots of snow too, it certainly brightens up the grey days here.

Marti said...

Wow! You have a lot going on. I would love to be able to sit by a window watching the snow fall and stitch away.