Monday, May 27, 2019

I Never Knew What I was Getting Into With Blogger

I want to tell you how I feel about Blogland.
Back in 2009 when I started my Blog I was not clear on what I was doing, my first post I had a very negative comment, I deleted her comment because it was so rude, she said jeez girl can you not do something about your blog its so blah, I kid you not.
I decided to give it another try with another post a while later, again there she was with a negative comment, can't you post more often, again I deleted the comment.
As you can see in 2019 I did not give up, I learned how to block her yahoo.
I did not get many comments for years, I never gave up.
My point that I want to make is that this is an amazing site, I have met the most fantastic people here, even if we have never met in person I feel like we have been friends for ages, the people here are so generous and kind, sweet and concerned with what is going on in our lives, I feel so Blessed to be apart of this Site.
Thank-you to all who stop by and to all the comments and even the people that just read my Blog, you are the best.

I want to show you what I won over at http://tostitchornottostitch.blogspot.com Barbara made this beautiful thread holder, I love it, I will be using it, thank-you Barbara.
It is adorable, this looks like my Cat Blondie.


I Found this in the mail from Gracie over at: http://needlespinsanddragonflies.blogspot.com
Gracie sent this fabulous book of beaded bug patterns, I love beaded bugs, then as you know I have mentioned in the past how I love note pads, I have almost used up my last pad, this is perfect timing,
and a beautiful project bag, I love Cacti, I used to have many plants until my cat decided they tasted good even with the needles, maybe someday I will have cacti again, thank-you Gracie I just love my gifts. The bag will hold my thread holders and threads and needles.


Both Barbara and Gracie are very sweet and generous Ladies, thank-you again from my heart.

Saturday I went to Lunds/Byerly's grocery store, they have a community room and many great ladies get together to stitch for the day, we can get lunch there and not miss much stitching and enjoying each others company.
I worked on a Scattered Seed Sampler Fruit Of The Vine Needle Roll, my progress so far, I did do the tail in a lighter color just for effect, I will also be adding the wing outline cross stitch's on top of  stitched gray, again for a different effect.
I hope to have this done by Saturday.


Well it is time for dinner I hope your weekend was a good one rain here today hopefully warmer tomorrow and some sun.
Thank-you for taking the time to stop by and leave a comment or just a visit.
Thank-you to the people who leave comments but have no email address.

Catherine

16 comments:

marly said...

You have a grocery store that has a community room? Well isn't that neat!

They are many trolls out there with nothing to do, and use their energy to spread discontent instead of goodness.

Jackie's Stitches said...

It's not possible to be everyone's cup of tea but I've never seen the reason for negative comments. I often think it is attention they are seeking!

deb said...

Very glad you ignored (and then blocked) the troll and kept going - I enjoy reading your blog!

Sandy said...

Glad you kept at it. There are always some meanies out there that missed the lesson, "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."
I love following along with your stitching and life.

Marilyn said...

I think some people just have too much time on their hands, and they enjoy hurting other people.
Get a job! LOL
Cute gifts from Barbara a& Gracie, love that kitty thread holder.
The needleroll is coming along nicely.
I wish I lived closer, I would love a stitching group, not sure there are any here, but I keep searching!
Cooler & very rainy here, rained most of yesterday, but we still grilled out.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Julie said...

It's always nice to stitch with like minded people and such fun. I have a group here that meets weekly for a couple of hours. Crafting people are normally so very kind and lovely, what a shame you encountered one that wasnt. Pretty stitching.

Vickie said...

What a blessing your community room is! I wish I had that!

gracie said...

I so understand about people who post to our blogs. I have had "those" posts too and when possible have deleted them. I started my blog with no help and when I did reach out to a blogger who I might add lives here in Arizona, she never responded. Yes, I have met wonderful friends here...including you. it goes to show that we do not have to be face to face to care about one another. I am so happy you like the book and bag and notepad.

Linda said...

Great project Catherine. I so wish I had a group to stitch with. Glad you decided to keep blogging.

Linda

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Glad you keep going. Love your blog, nice gifts have a great day big hugs

butterfly said...


I am so happy you carried on blogging .
I love our friends on the blog we encourage each other and lift our sprits with our hobbies and it's always a bonus to get nice comments .
I love your work and enjoy your posts , enjoy every day hugs.

Carol said...

So sorry for the mean comments when you first began blogging. I had one once where a woman told me I was a terrible person for capturing a skunk who lived under our porch in a cage. Well, how would she have felt having a skunk living under HER porch! Honestly, some people. Glad you stuck with it, Catherine--it really is a lovely close-knit community. Enjoy those pretty gifts of yours!

CathieJ said...

I keep your site on my blog list because I enjoy reading it. I like to point my own readers to the sites that I enjoy. I don't always comment, nor do I always find the time to keep up with my reading of blogs, but I stop by when I can. Ignore the negatives and embrace the positive comments. So glad you didn't give up. I love that thread holder.

Faith... said...

Some people just have no manners or anything positive to say. I am glad you didn't let her stop you from continuing on with your blogging. That is pretty cool to have a community room in the grocery store and you guys gather there for a stitching day! It is always fun to stitch with others.

Have a great stitchy weekend!

Sandy said...

Such nice gifts. I envy your stitching group. What a great way to spend time doing something you like with like minded ladies. I love blogging to, and I like meeting new bloggers, so popped in from a mutual blog friend. I get frustrated too when people don't comment on posts. Cause the fun is the back and forth of posting yourself, reading and posting comments on others and having them leave comments on yours. I've actually been lucky enough to meet face to face with a few folks I made first on line through blogging and or groups.
Sandy's Space

RJ said...

Well I for one am so happy you never gave up. Why people are mean I have no idea. You my dear are one of the kindest and sweetest people I have met on blogland. You were one of the first people to give me support when I needed it. And I am proud to call you my friend.

Great gifts from lovely ladies. RJ