Saturday, September 12, 2026

A Beautiful Summer

 Please Pray for the lost lives from 911, it was a terrible day in our American history, also pray for the remaining survivors who have many health problems from the fallout of the buildings coming down.

The family members also needs Prayers.

Some of you I am not able to comment on for some reason, I do apologize for not being able to it is a google problem.

 I want to thank all my followers who have left comments, you all are so kind and concern for my husband is heartwarming.

I have been stitching a bit on my Tersa Kogut Patreon stitch along, I am stopping for a bit, I did get the April, May, June and July designs stitched, I just need to move on to fall stitching, I do really like stitching this Stitch along, it is very beautiful design so far.


I have to show you what my dear friend from North Dakota gave me in an exchange at Needlework Guild retreat last month (so sorry It is a late post) LaRue
LaRue is a very Patriotic Lady, she is an amazing stitcher and amazing wife and a wonderful friend.
The sachet has such a beautiful odor, I have it in my walk-in closet.


She also gifted me these in a beautiful velvet bag

Love this bag so soft and pretty

I started stitching my fall designs I wanted to get done, one if from Kiralyns Needlarts, this is a free design, Carolyn has a free design each month, I do buy the finishing kits

I will construct it this weekend


This is another free design from Primrose cottage, I did buy the finishing kit but may change the fabric

I started this last evening
sorry about the wrinkle
I finished the Star Shaped Snowman, 
I wanted a flat finish and the wood piece worked
I cut out and constructed the Lemon Blueberry Mousse pin cushion
So sorry it is not the best photo
I have to show you what color our new siding is, I wanted a rust red mike wanted black, with his illness i just could not argue with what he wanted, it is actually very pretty with the cedar accents, he did the cedar front porch a couple years ago, we have had many compliments from so many driving by and neighbors
The above photo is not a very good one, the black shows so dark with the shade
That's it for now as you can tell I am not on the computer very often I do want to change that in the next few months
Have an amazing week of stitching and relaxing
Catherine































8 comments:

Pamela said...

Blogger is having problems!
We are headed into fall. It’s been a hot summer and I am looking forward to cooler temperatures. You already have some pretty fall stitching in the works.

Carol said...

I'm having issues with blogger, too, Catherine--it's not updating the list of blogs I follow at all so I'm having to go to each one individually to see if they've updated lately! So frustrating! I just love that TK patriotic piece that you are working on.. Each block is like a mini-finish! Love the star shaped finish, too. Your black siding looks so impressive. I never would have thought of black, but it works so well! I'm sure you're glad to have that job taken care of. We are getting a new driveway put in soon and I'm dreading all the dust and noise for two weeks! Take care now and I hope fall in beautiful in your part of the world!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Sending you best wishes of happiness and good health.
God bless you all.

Iris said...

Great job on the TK patriotic SAL. The new siding looks good.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

The issues with blog-grrrrr are widespread it seems. Hopefully they fix it soon.
You always find the most fun things to stitch.
I think I agree with your DH - black is a great choice.

Marilyn said...

Great projects Catherine.
The house looks nice, I read somewhere that lack is his year's color in houses, & I've seen quite a few around here.
Cooling off here!
Marilyn

marly said...

Hoping Mike has excellent results with treatment. Our friend needed plastic surgery to replace the calf area they removed. He is doing very well now, testing his lymphs every six months.
I love the pillow in your header photo, just beautiful. And your house looks great!

DJ said...

You have such lovely projects going on, I truly love them all! Your finishing is perfect too! You have such a wonderful eye for finishing. I love the siding on your house, and how sweet of you to follow what your husband wanted. Turns out he has a good eye for colors too! Happy Stitching!