Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Some Good News Some Stitching & Finishing

 Greetings My Dear Friends: It has been a year I hope never happens again, I became ill, I wore myself out taking care of my sweet husband, it was worth it.

I have lost 26 pound and hope to lose more, I will be having a procedure done hopefully soon, ablation on my electrical system in my heart, after researching and talking to many people I am at peace with doing the procedure.

Now some other news, I am giving up cross stitching for Lent, I do not eat sweets candy or drink soda or eat bakery sweets any longer so have nothing to give up, it will be hard but I know I can do it.

So after Ash Wednesday I will be sewing, alterations, beading, making Baptismal Bibs for Church's and get all my finished stitched items constructed that I have stitched in the past, my counter in my sewing room will soon be empty, I am so looking forward to this.

I will stitch this evening and stitch up until we go to Mass tomorrow evening, I will miss cross stitching but what Jesus did for me is amazing, with his suffering I can do the same in a different way by giving up something I do almost everyday.

                  I had hope to get this finished before tomorrow evening


This is such a sweet design by Stitching Fairy https://happinessiscrossstitching.com
Please visit her site Lynn has some sweet new designs out, she also has an Etsy site


  I finished the bunny's for my carrot three, this will be a back and front finish


                                    The bunny will be the top of the three, 
                                     I did this on 32 count unknown fabric.
                              This is a design from The Cricket Collection                                                                                         Leaping Rabbit


I stitched this needle roll last year, I used my own heart charm, it was a partial kit                  that was at needlework guild last year in the reallocation table.                                    I had already passed on the pattern and name of designer so sorry
                                      I will add to my baskets of needle rolls





I did fully finish this wool design, I did it different than the design called for, I also         did the twisted cord a bit different, i wanted a candy cane look to the cording


This is a Little House design I stitched last year, I used 32 count unknown fabric,                two over two wit called for threads, this is called Seasons Greetings

I am so sorry I did not show you what I had received from Stasi in December, it has                                 been one heck of a year for us, so sorry Stasi
                                          This pin pillow is so adorable,
                                   Stasi's finishing and stitching is beautiful
                                           Thank-you from my heart ❤️

 


I was not going to stitch anything this year for Valentines Day but after seeing Vickie's Blog and she asked if anyone is stitching Valentine designs I decided to do a small heart pillow, this is a freebie from Hands On designs stitched on unknown                           fabric two over two using my choice of thread colors


I stitched this up one evening, it is a freebie from https://kanikis.com stitched on another unknown fabric, I get most of my small pieces of fabric from needlework guild retreat reallocation table, there is rarely a number count or color of threads on                                                              the fabric


Well I think that is enough for today, I will keep you posted on my finishing and       sewing, I have a load of alterations and beading to do, have an amazing week

                                                        💝 Catherine💝



15 comments:

Marilyn said...

I was shocked to hear you are giving up stitching, but, Glad to hear you are still sewing, doing finishing, crafts, etc.
Can't wait to see more finishes.
Positive thoughts for your procedure.
Take care.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

No need to apologize Catherine; I know you've had a rough year.
You have some great stitching/finishes there and I will be looking forward to seeing more after Lent.
Good luck with your procedure; I hope all goes as expected.
Take care of yourself!
Happy Valentine's Day!

Carol said...

I do hope and pray that this coming year is a kinder one, Catherine. I hope the procedure goes well and that you are healed in no time! At least you will still be able to sew and finish even though you are giving up cross stitch. I love seeing your beautiful finishes--that needleroll is exquisite and the ornament so sweet. That bunny is darling! I've never finished a shaped piece like that and am too scared to try. Can't wait to see yours... Do take care now and check in with us after the procedure is done. Sending hugs and wishes for a very Happy Valentine's Day ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

I hope 2024 is kinder to you both and that your procedure goes well. Keep us posted on how you're doing.

Looking forward to seeing what you get up to during Lent. It sounds like you have a lot planned to do instead and it was a very clever idea as that your finishing desk is going to see some action!

butterfly said...

Wow you stitched some wonderful goodies. It's going be hard for you to give up,I would be hopeless I have no will power at all.
I am sorry you had I bad year last year , but good that things will get better soon .You will be in my prayers my friend , hugs June.

Sandy said...

I think giving up stitching for Lent is a wonderful idea. It will force you to look to other things. It seems like the last 2 years have been tough for me and I know you have gone through so much too. The weight loss is good, but it would have been better if it had been lost under different circumstances.
All of your finishes are beautiful and I know this Lenten season will be special.

Rita said...

You may have a blessed Lent!

Mary said...

I understand giving up stitching for Lent. I am glad you still have other creative outlets you can do. Your finishes are really pretty.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Sounds like it won't be 'too' difficult to give up cross stitching for Lent because you have lots of other projects you can work on instead. I hope your medical procedure goes well and that recovery will be rapid and complete. Take care of you!

marly said...

Good luck with your procedure. Very familiar with it!! I desperately need to lose at least 30# and have no will power. Congratulations on no longer eating those sweet treats.

I think your sacrifice will result in a lot of sewing that will offer a clean slate by Easter.

Toki said...

Hello Catherine. Thank you for introducing me to so many wonderful works.
I'm a little shocked to hear your decision, but I think it's a well-considered answer, so I respect it.
Please prioritize your and Michael’s health now.

Katie said...

I would probably go crazy from no stitching at all. Least you have other crafts to keep your hands busy. Good luck with your procedure and hope this helps everything be good as new. Hugs.

DJ said...

I'm sorry it's been so long since I visited your blog. I really like a lot of the projects you have going (especially those bunnies, so adorable). I'll be back when I can spend a little more time. I can imagine your procedure is a bit overwhelming, I will be praying for everything to work out fine. I'm glad you are taking care of you! Giving up Cross Stitch for Lent is an awesome idea! I'll be watching to see what things you'll be doing to keep your hands busy! God Bless!

Pamela said...

I wish you well with the procedure. Good thing you have other things to do during the time you are giving up stitching.

Astrids dragon said...

Trying to catch up on blog reading - I hope by now both of you are doing better.
You have certainly been busy stitching and finishing, so many beautiful pieces.
Such a lovely gift from Stasi, I treasure mine!
Now that Easter has passed, I'm off to see what you've been up to besides cross stitching...