Saturday, February 3, 2024

A Day late Post

 Hello Everyone: I hope this post finds you stitching away, it is February, that is amazing to me, this winter is flying by for us.

Yesterday I was going to post what i have been up to, weel i almost forgot about Mikes hernia surgery, it went well he is now at Bible study every Saturday he meets with a men's  group at ten a.m. this is something he has done for years, he also reads the Bible daily, he is on his eight reading of the Bible, amazing.

Well I am stitching a design from The Cricket Collection, it is from the year 2004, I did all the carrots and hang them on a metal tree for Easter, I did the carrots many years ago, I found this pattern in the stash reallocation at retreat a couple years ago.


In this photo you can see a couple of the carrots, it is a fun design to stitch, I will be              putting out my Easter things soon and will show a full photo of the tree


This is a two sided bunny that goes on top of the tree, I just need to stitch the back        side of the bunny, he is so cute, he is stitched 2 over 2 on 32 count unknown                                             fabric which is a light color purple fabric 


I also stitched a trio of Christmas ornaments from Blue Ribbon Designs, Belinda has some adorable designs and had a group of Valentine designs I will be stitching                                            for next year (no time this year)

I used a 32 count unknown fabric, the color of fabric is a bit liter then what Belinda used (so sorry about the wrinkles) I will be constructing them this weekend maybe                                               Sunday afternoon after Mass


I watch a few YouTube videos, a couple videos ago I won fibric from Cobweb Corner https://cobwebcorner.com down at the bottom of Carlas page is the                                                    YouTube  link, please check her out


The pink fabric will be used for Easter designs this year, I also won the Superior Bees design from Summer House Stitch Works from another video, I will be doing this one on a different color fabric, all winners are chosen by random pick number chooser or however you say the term, I am not the                                             brightest bulb in the pack, giggles


We met my favorite male cousin from my Mom's side of the family for lunch, Tim is a single dad that raised three amazing children by himself, he is a wonderful man
 after lunch I went to Sweetwater Quilt shop in Paynesville, Mn. they carry a small          section of threads and patterns and fabric for stitching, I bought myself three                                                       patterns I hope to start soon


I love all three, I am going to stitch the last two into ornaments for my tree at                                                                      Christmas




I also started the Stitching Fairy designs it is Santas Workshop, I have a good start                                               on it will post a photo                                       soon https://happinessiscrossstitching.blogspot.com, she has many adorable                                                    designs, she also sells on Etsy

It is Saturday gloomy and a day for reading and stitching God Bless You All for                               your lovely comments on my last stitching post


                                                 💝Catherine💝



11 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh your Easter tree will be darling! Your Christmas ornaments are so cute.

Pamela said...

You have plenty to keep you busy. I really like the Plum Street patterns.

marly said...

What a snazzy bunny with a vest! All those carrot designs are sweet and I like the Plum Street charts you chose. I feel my bright bulb fading too, but at least it's still screwed into the socket. Thankful for the little things!!

Marilyn said...

I can't wait to see your Easter tree, CEC has such cute designs.
The Bunny topper is too cute!
Sorry to heat that Mike had more surgery.
Positive thoughts that he doesn't need more!
You both have had a rough year.
Take care.
Marilyn

Magpie's Mumblings said...

You have some fun stitching projects to work on. I especially like the foxes!

butterfly said...

Love all your new charts , I stitched the Rabbit one a few years ago its a really fun stitch , Enjoy all your charts Hugs June.

Katie said...

Fantastic work on everything. Enjoy your new starts.

Stasi said...

Your bunny and ornament finishes are all so cute. Your Easter tree will be adorable!!! CEC always has fun designs!

roughterrain crane said...

The rabbit is noble and lovely.

Toki said...

The rabbit is too cute.😆🐇
I'm glad you seem to be having a very productive day. A new cute kits joins the group and you're going to be busy. I hope you enjoy it.
And,I hope Michael and you are having a peaceful and happy day.🙌

Lynn said...

Your stitching is lovely Catherine, the bunny is particularly cute! Plum Street Samplers are one of my favourites, I love all of their designs.