Monday, February 17, 2020

It Has Been A Couple Of Weeks

Thank-you to all for your well wish's, I am slowly training myself to do things with my left hand, it is getting easier everyday, I am stitching and sewing with my left hand as my prominent hand for now, it was not easy at first.
I did get some stitching done, I had hoped to have this finished so I could start on my SAL with Donna over at http://bythebayneedleart.blogspot.com I really like this design,  I hope to have it started beforte spring ( not sure why my letters are now slanted)
I did get some stitching done on My Precious Treasures from Blue Ribbon Designs, I totally love this design  here is where I am
  This is the scissor pocket, I need to add my name  and a few words, I really love this peacock.


I have been slowly stitching for our church, I have made Alter Cloths, added new lace to existing Alter Cloths and will be embroidering size letter to the Albs the Alter Servers use during Mass.
I have been trying to bead which is a little challenging sometimes, my wrist gets very sore, I do not want to take pain pills so try to use just Tylenol, it takes about 3/4 of the pain away.

I did do some finishing, not very good because of my wrist but still did get it done.


This is the Needle-roll, not what I was wishing it to look like but it is what it is for now.


This is the pin cushion, I made it a bit smaller then the actual size, I wanted a bit of a smaller because it looked to large for the bag.


I added the fabric on top due to I thought it looked a little plain with just the ribbon closer.

I found a great place to by the ribbon seam binding  on Etsy, her shop name is  MyScrapCabinShop, please just take a look you may find something you need or cannot live without, I did. 
Her name is Erin, she really is not expensive, at least I think she is selling for a very good price, the ribbon is crinkled and so many colors to choose from, each hank has lots of ribbon.



It is time for bed I am tired, yesterday I spent the day with my Sister in law she is so sweet and fun to be with, we just click.
I hope you all are not having bad weather like in Mississippi, it is so sad about the floods.
Be safe have a wonderful week.
Thank-you for visiting

Catherine

18 comments:

Sandy said...

I am so impressed that you can stitch albeit slowly with your left hand. I wouldn't be able to do anything. The pieces are just lovely. I love the addition of the cloth at the top of the bag. I will have to check out the Etsy site.

maxi said...

Hey Cathrine,
you make a nice pin cushion!

Happy stitching
maxi

Stasi said...

I too am impressed you can stitch with your left hand and hope the right hand situation is alleviated soon. Good luck with your surgery!

CathieJ said...

Catherine,
I am so glad that you have been able to figure out stitching with your left hand. I am ambidextrous, so I can use both hands to rest the other one. I suffer from arthritis in both of my hands so I feel for you. My doctor has told me that I too will eventually need surgery, but I will put it off until I can't stand the pain. My hair dresser had the surgery and she is back at work, pain free. I pray that you will have a similar result. I wish you all the best. On the bright side, you will now be somewhat ambidextrous yourself.

Marilyn said...

Treasures is so pretty, & the bag is cute, looks nice with fabric at the top.
I'm glad you can stitch some with your left hand, I hope you can get it resolved soon.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Catherine, I did not know about your injury, I am so sorry to hear this news. I looked back and saw that you might have to have surgery, did you have it yet? Right before RJ and I started to blog I broke my hand and we had to postpone our start. I learned to stitch with my left hand but it was slow going. I know how frustrating this must be for you and I hope your pain lessens. I just love your pieces, the bag is equisite. thanks for the link to the ribbon. I was lucky to find some real old ribbon at a church sale but I can always use more colors. Take care my friend.

marly said...

These projects are so beautiful! I love the needle roll and pincushion. You haven't mentioned when your surgery is scheduled, I hope it's soon and healing will be swift. You're doing amazing work with your left.

Carol said...

Wow! I am so impressed that you can stitch with your non-dominant hand, Catherine! Well done--I would be hopeless as I just can't do anything with my left hand at all. Really beautiful work and finishing... Hang in there ♥

Edgar said...

Wowsers... I couldn't stitch with the left hand if I had to... I am very impressed!! Your projects are lovely !!

Vickie said...

I am impressed with how much you have gotten done my friend. I am wondering when the surgery will be? I am praying for you!

Susan Zarzycki said...

Your work is so lovely! To continue on with your projects when you have to use your other hand is so amazing and admirable. I would have given up on the spot to read until all was well again!💖

Julie said...

Well done stitching with the other hand, not sure I would be able to do it.
Lots of pretty things in this post to see.

Faith... said...

I am so impressed with your left hand stitching! I would never be able to do it! Everything looks great and I love your peacocks. They are such gorgeous birds. Hope you start feeling better soon.

LindaLee said...

Hi Katherine. So glad your stitching is coming along. You sure deserve lots of credit for teaching yourself to use your other hand. Sorry about the pain that you're experiencing. Beautiful stitching and pieces in this post.

Robin said...

Hope each day finds you a little better.

Sandy said...

Good to hear that you're improving. I'm amazed you can stitch with your other hand. I am soooooooo right handed, pretty sure I wouldn't be able to do anything with the left. Good for you working on so many projects and helping the church with things that need done. I hope the pain lessens each and every day. Best of luck to you.
Sandy's Space

Astrids dragon said...

I'm glad it hasn't stopped you stitching! I'm sure the more you use your other hand, the better you'll be.
The peacocks look lovely, such beautiful colours.
Your finished pieces look great, even though it might have been a little difficult for you. Thanks for sharing Erin's info, I have her shop saved if I ever decide to try and use that type of ribbon.

Unknown said...

As reported by Stanford Medical, It's in fact the ONLY reason this country's women live 10 years more and weigh on average 19 KG less than we do.

(By the way, it really has NOTHING to do with genetics or some secret exercise and EVERYTHING related to "how" they are eating.)

BTW, I said "HOW", and not "WHAT"...

TAP this link to uncover if this brief questionnaire can help you decipher your true weight loss potential