Tuesday, March 17, 2020

What A Month

Hello to all my followers: Thank-you to all who have been concerned as to how I am doing.
I have good news and bad news first the bad, I have what is called madelungs  malformation, I was born with this problem, I knew all my life I had something but was never diagnosed with it.
I do not have arthritis, thankfully, the bad news is also I will not be able to have surgery to repair the problem, if I do I will not be able to bend my wrist backward or forward, not even to the side.
The good news is I am back to stitching, the therapy heled immensely, it was determined I had pull something in my wrist/for-arm.
I will be posting photos of the little bit of stitching I have been able to do this week.
I want to be able to get good photos before doing so.
In this time of the Covid19 I wish for all to stay healthy, please pray and hope for this devastating  illness to just go away.
I cannot believe the shelves and coolers/freezers  are empty, I just wanted to buy a gallon of milk, I learned that people are buying milk and other dairy products and freezing them, it is very scary to hear this.
It is a time when we all need to pull through and support each other spiritually.
I hope you all are well and having a beautiful week.

I will be back
Blessings
Catherine


15 comments:

marly said...

Glad to see a post! And also glad that therapy helped you. I was assuming you had the surgery since I didn't see any recent posts but I guess not having surgery is a good thing. As long as you are doing better and will continue to stitch!

I am ashamed of the citizens that I see loading their carts with much more than needed while many elderly are searching for basics. And fighting!! But also glad to see some young folks offering to shop for and help others.

Pamela said...

Glad to see you posting again. Take care.

Marilyn said...

Glad you found out exactly what it is, & glad the therapy helps.
Hope you can continue to stitch.
The stores are crazy here also, never seen anything like it.
I went to get a few things I needed & was bowled over at the craziness.
People that really need things can't get them.
Hope this ends soon.
Marilyn

Mary said...

Catherine, So happy to see a post from you today. Hopefully you continue to feel better and are able to stitch without pain. Looking forward to seeing your latest stitching. Stay well!! Mary and RJ

Sandy said...

Good to hear from you. I am hopeful that this will pass quicker than they are saying. Praying for that. Look forward to seeing your stitches.

Julie said...

Take care in these scarey times for us all, everwhere in the world. x

LindaLee said...

Hello Catherine. I'm so sorry about the bad news you got. To know that there is nothing they can do, I'm sure, is not the news you wanted to hear. I'll be keeping you in my prayers. Anything is possible through God, so I'm going to ask Him for total healing. I'm so glad you don't have arthritis! So many people suffer immensely with it. So glad too, that the physical therapy has helped. You have a good rest of the week my friend, and stay well.

Vickie said...

Dear Catherine I am praying with you!
I am sorry you are suffering. I am glad you can continue to stitch!
Be safe, stay well. God bless you.

Carol said...

I've never heard of that, Catherine, but I'm so happy the therapy helped so much. Hopefully, you can learn to live with it as long as physical therapy is in the picture, too... Scary times, indeed. Take care now and keep on praying! ♥

Sandy said...

I hope now with a real diagnosis you're able to make more headway. Glad the therapy worked and you can get back to some stitching. Sad times for sure right now and who knows for how long. I hear ya on the milk. Grocery shopping in general. I ended up ordering some from Amazon, and even then of the 36 items I clicked to order, only 14 were available. Hang in there. Thank you for your visit, always appreciated.

Sandy said...

Oh forgot to answer your question about the uneven strips. I started with the largest one and edge it a couple of rounds. Then sized the others against it, so some stripes had only a few rounds and others had a lot to make them the same size. Real piecemeal.

Donna said...

Sorry to hear about your bad news, please stay safe and have peace, hugs
donna

Astrids dragon said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your diagnosis, but so glad therapy is helping. Just take it easy and keep on stitching!
I've been purchasing groceries online and try not to go into the stores unless necessary, and I'm certainly not buying up everything! I hope you found some milk by now.
Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Robin said...

So sorry to read of your diagnosis and thankfully therapy is helping. Yes, it is scary how people are hoarding things. They are creating hysteria. We just need to be calm and stitch on! Stay safe and healthy.

Tiffstitch said...

Stay healthy! I'm glad the treatment helped and so sorry to hear of the diagnosis. Be extra careful!