Saturday, November 23, 2019

I Have Been Very Busy

Happy Thanksgiving To all who celebrate Turkey day.
I have been very busy I have been volunteering more of late, my number one place to volunteer is at Curch, I have taken on several duties along with Funeral Cahir with two other ladies, sewing of Creedence Table, Alter Cloths for side Alters, repair of Albs and  any other sewing that is needed.
I am also washing once a week the Purificator's and Corporals for the main Alter, I am also going to be color coordinating the Albs into sizes so the Alter service just need to look for the color marking in their size.
I have been stitching while getting ready for the Holidays, it seems the days are just melting away.
I stitched this cat from a SAL from http://stitchersvillage.com, I chose these colors because they made me smile, this will be a flatfold.


I also have been working on a started design from Chessie & Me, this was in the detash pile at Needlework Guild in August, I have this thug about finishing UFO's especially if they are givaway's, I di really like this design, I plan on having it framed soon, I do like Joann's coupons for framing.
This is Preserve Liberty 

This is where it was when I found it in the de-stash pile, below is where I was last Monday, i will show a finished piece on my next post.


I did manage to get a couple of things constructed, One is from a blackbird designs class, I really like how the box came out.


This is a small round pillow I did not know what to do with, I went through my finished designs and found this one that was an exchange from Shelly who lives in New Zealand, way back in 2014, I love this sweet design and the finish, it will go in my wooden bowl with other smalls for Christmas.


I was able to order the Inspirations Book that is authored by Betsy Morgan, she is an amazing designer, Betsy said she will be retiring very soon.
This is a beautifully illustrated book, a bit spendy but well worth the money.




These are just a few of the beautiful designs in this book.

I hope you all are having a great week and getting stitching done for the Christmas Season.

Catherine


11 comments:

Marilyn said...

Cute finishes, and a nice de-stash piece.
That Betsy Morgan book looks awesome.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Isn't Betsy's book fabulous? I just received mine recently and it is so well done....Inspirations really puts out beautiful, quality publications.
Happy Thanksgiving to you!

Rita said...

Oh, so beautiful post. Both your stitching and the ideas in the new book.

Linda said...

Congrats on the great finishing Catherine. All your other projects look great.

Linda

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I like the Betsy's book. Love the cat. have a great day hugs Lynda Ruth

Sandy said...

The book does look like it would work the money with cute unusual finishes. Your stitches are so cute. I like that roll and think it will be cute in a display. Busy busy busy...the days do get away from us. Sometimes I wonder where time flies, but good projects to be working on.

Vickie said...

You are certainly choosing worthwhile projects to spend your time on dear Catherine! Your stitching is wonderful!

Mary said...

You have been a busy lady and still accomplished so much stitching!! The roll ornament is adorable. Love the BBD, it's gorgeous. Oh, that Book looks wonderful but far above my finishing skills. I am going to a LNS in Dec and if they have it in stock will take a gander to see if there is anything in my skill set in it. Her designs are beautiful.

gracie said...

I am sure the church really appreciates all you are doing. Love the stitching and finishes. Sometimes you just need to have a book/pattern no matter the cost.

Pamela said...

The Betsy Morgan book looks gorgeous!

marly said...

My goodness, that book has a lot of really nice projects. I do love that BBD box top, such soft colors. You are one busy lady and I am sure your donated time is greatly appreciated.