Friday, October 25, 2019

I Am So Busy

Hello to all: It is fall here the colors are hanging on for a while longer then normal due to the cloudy skies and rain, which is okay with me.
I want to show you what the Lovely Marilyn sent me, I was so surprised to get this package it was unexpected.
I love the pin pillow, Marilyn you did a beautiful job of stitching and finishing, I will proudly use and brag about it at my next stitch-in, I love trims, I plan on using this trim on the design I am stitching of the owls.
Do you see the small foldable scissors, I love them, I am an avid reader she also sent along book markers, I usually have a few books going at a time they will be used.
Marily: From my heart thank-you.


I have done a bit of stitching, I finished my Noel from Lynn over at http://happinessiscrossstitching.blogspot.com  I love Lynn's Black cat series.
I finished this beauty on Sunday. So sorry about the wrinkles, i hope to have this framed this evening.


I started and its a little start on the pattern I won from her giveaway, I love owls, this design is adorable in my eyes.


I hope to have this finished by next Saturday, hopefully and have it framed to display in the kitchen.
I have been very busy helping to plan the fund raiser and brunch at Church, this is a fund raiser for the Stain glass windows we are putting in, we will be having some of the Beatitudes put in the Sanctuary and a very large Stain Glass I think Jesus Being Baptized.
We have been planning something and making items almost everyday, it is a lot of work for five people.
I have also been at planning meetings for the Christ Child Luncheon that is coming in December, we have had this event for 50 years, it takes three months of planning and doing.

I ask you to please pray for the people in California, the fires are horrible, it looks like hell here on earth, please pray no one gets hurt fighting the fires and no lives are lost.

Blessed Fall To Everyone
Catherine

14 comments:

gracie said...

Those black cats are always so cute. Great stitching my friend.

marly said...

Are you using the dot fabric for the owls? It will be darling, great choice.

Hope your luncheon and all goes well and all the work put in is greatly appreciated.

butterfly said...

What a lovely gift .
Great stitching .
Have a wonderful weekend .
Yes I am already praying for all , it must be so scary to be in the fires path.

Marilyn said...

Glad you like everything!
That Noel is so cute, as are the Owls.
Lynn has some cute cat designs.
Good luck on your fundraiser for the windows.
My Mother worked on the windows for her church.
You could pick whatever religious picture to make.
She was the only one who stayed to complete the whole project.
Most people stayed long enough to learn the craft, the left 1 by one.
Because she helped complete the project, they interviewed her & featured her in the newspaper. She was so tickled!
Marilyn

Sandy said...

Your Noel stitch is wonderful and I know the owls will be so cute. Gifts from stitching friends are always well loved. Have a great week.

Marti said...

What a pretty pillow and gifts! Congratulations on your finish! I had to look but finally spotted the cute little owls. That is going to be adorable.

Faith... said...

Great goodies! Noel looks cute, congrats on the finish. Love the fabric you are using for the owls. Have a great stitchy week!

Stasi said...

Catherine..glad to have found your blog. I wanted you to know that I have tried repeatedly to respond to your comments on my blog via the e-mail on your blog, but keep getting an error message. I do appreciate you stopping by. Have a good one! Stasi

Carol said...

What cute kitties in that design by Lynn, Catherine! And such a nice gift package from Marilyn. Enjoy those goodies and I hope you have a wonderful month of November!

Sandy said...

You have been busy. Lovely stitching, and what cool gifts you got. Planning any event always takes so much effort, but sounds like you love it. We're losing color fast here due to all the rain and wind.

Sandy's Space

The Liberty Belle said...

Your Noel stitch is so nice! Hope the fundraiser goes well. Enjoy the rest of the week.

Astrids dragon said...

More lovely gifts, that pin pillow is adorable!
Your Noel cat finish is so cute, I really need to stitch more of Lynn's designs.
Planning a fundraiser is time consuming, but worth it in the end! I hope everything is going well with it.

Sandy said...

WOW, what wonderful gifts. The little pillow is adorable and I love those book markers. Haven't seen any like those. Will have to keep an eye peeled. Your Christmas Noel stitching is very pretty, and the owls.........so cute! How nice you're helping with the fundraising at the church, love stained glass windows. Sounds like you've been working hard on it for a good long while. Your efforts will be so appreciated for years to come everytime someone admires the windows.

Sandy's Space

StitchThrifty said...

What a beautiful gift. Lovely stitching and finishing on that pinkeep. I love the black cat Noel. I can NOT wait to see that piece on the dotted fabric, how pretty.
Boy you are one busy busy lady, and such a blessing to those of your church. No good deed is ever unseen. I love stained glass, I live close to a Catholic church and they have beautiful glass. And bells....that is one thing I think I will miss if and when I ever move. I can hear the church bells in my house at every hour. I also love that when I get in my car, the view of the church is right in front of me, it really sets your heart and mood.
Have a fabulous weekend and week.