Monday, July 29, 2019

I am Back Finally

Hello to all my followers: I am so sorry I have not emailed thank-you's for the comments left on my last two posts, it has been crazy nuts here, we are trying to get so much done before the cold weather hitsus.
We had a Family reunion with Mikes cousins which was a blast, we are connecting with people we have missed over the years.
I was at a retreat in Madison Wisconsin, I had a table mate which I hope to continue to connect with a gain, she is from Colorado, originally from Minnesota, she was a lovely stitcher and a blast to talk too, she did such beautiful stitching.
I was able to finish stitching a needlebook but need to construct it, it is a Betsy Morgan (Wiling Hands) Design.



This is the same fabric as the needlebook, the lighting yesterday was horrible, so the yellow fabric looks brown, this is the box which has six sections, I am now working on section three.
 Betsy was a delight and so much fun, she told us she is going to retire to stay home and stitch, I think she deserves to do so after all her traveling and teaching, she travels across the sea and teach's, what an amazing lady she is.



This is the pre-stitch I did  before going to Madison, I still need to construct it, it is the Waxer Box, it is adorable when finished, I hope to get to it soon.


This is the complete set, which I hope to work on soon, it is really pretty in person. it is called this One's For Betty, which has a beautiful story attached to it, I would tell you but Betsy still has classes of this design and I do not want to say anything because Betsy talks about it in her class's.


I want to show you what the beautiful Pamela from japan sent me, a scissor fob it is beautiful, her work is perfect, even Betsy commented about how lovely it was. http://hokkaidokudasai.blogspot.com stop over she has been doing a temperature quilt, it is an amazing color combination.


Well its has been busy, we finally finished the railing and floor on the deck, we are enjoying it so much.
We will be doing some landscaping and planting a new tree.

I will be at retreat all next week Monday to Sunday, it is the Minnesota Needlework Guild retreat, I save up all year to go, I am a day stitcher which saves me money, I live only 14 miles from the retreat center, this gives one more person a chance to stay at the center, a room I do not need, I do not mind traveling back and forth, I still get two meals a day but save money this way.
I won two blue and one red ribbon at the County Fair, I will post photos on my next post after I pick up my items from the Fair.
Time to go shopping you al, stay safe and have a great week.

Catherine

16 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Hope you have a grand time at the retreat. Enjoy all your stitching. big hugs

Sandy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the retreat. I really need to go to one them someday myself. I am glad you are enjoying summer. Can't wait to see the finished products.

Vickie said...

Your stitching is just wonderful Catherine! I love what Pamela sent you! Have a fantastic time at your retreat! I cannot wait to see your ribbon items. Congratulations!

Linda said...

Sounds like you had fun at the retreat Catherine. Have fun at the next one. Lovely stitching.

Linda

Marti said...

Welcome back! It looks like you have done a lot of stitching and I love the pillow on your banner. Is it really that close to winter there already?

Faith... said...

You have been busy! Glad you enjoyed the retreat and I hope you enjoy the next one too. I would probably drive back and forth everyday too, nothing like sleeping in your own bed!

I am looking forward to seeing your wins!!

butterfly said...

Love popping over to your blog , you stitch some amazing things .
I never seem to find any of those lovely designs here .
Enjoy your retreats and the rest of your summer .

Marilyn said...

Very pretty projects, & that fob is awesome!
Congrats on your winning of ribbons.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Pamela said...

I'm so glad you like the fob!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Jasmine has the kettle on and wants to know if Blondie wants cuc sandwiches or biscuits to go with her tea. hugs

gracie said...

Wonderful stitching. The time at the retreat sounds great. Love the fob.

Tiffstitch said...

Beautiful work on the bees and I hope you have a wonderful time at the retreat!

Rita said...

Oh, what a lovely post with LOT of stitching! I love the bee set.
I hope you will have a great time at the retreat.

Jackie's Stitches said...

My EGA guild was the pilot class for Bee Contained! It's so pretty! I just don't see how Betsy comes up with her designs. It blows my mind! Looking forward to seeing your progress!

RJ said...

Hi Catherine! You sure have been having fun. I always love your stitching. The bee project is amazing and you are doing such a wonderful job. I look forward to seeing it's progress. It is going to be a beauty! My internet has been down (guys working in our neighborhood all week) so I'm just catching up with everyone. Hope you have a great week. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Jessica Funk said...

my name is Jessica Funk and I want to thank Dr Sam a very powerful spell
caster who help me bring back my husband, few month ago i have a
serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and
he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i
can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until till the day my
friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened
between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who
help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Sam and told
him every think and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband
will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him,i thought it was a
joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just
finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within that 3 days, my
husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help
you can contact him with his email address [okokakspellhome@gmail.com or
okokakspellhome@yahool.com] or
add him up on his whatsapp +2349060421250 he is willing to help any body
that need his help.