Monday, August 5, 2019

Some Stitching Baking And A Retreat

Hello to all my dear followers, it is still busy here at home but getting things done.
I have been stitching my fingers off, I do love to stitch but first I want to show you something, A sweet Lady named Shirley whom volunteers at the food shelf as I do wanted me to post about the croutons I make.
It is a very simple recipe and well worth the time.

First I buy a loaf of garlic bread pull apart from Target, you may find it elsewhere, then I cut the pieces into small squares, some are a little off shape, then I put in a very large bowl pour a small amount of olive oil spices of my liking, I do not put in salt there is enough salt in the bread and garlic already, see photos on how to do this, it is like a great treat or great on salads.





Oh so good, Mike and I like them like a snack when we want a treat, I hope if you do this you also like them.


I was working on my class project from Madison and am almost finished with the box, I am loving this design, Betsy Morgan does such a beautiful job designing. The fabric is a bright yellow the camera will not pick that color up for some reason.


I will be taking that above project to Needlework guild this week, I will be gone from Monday to Sunday, Mike is having family come over for a little getaway, they do not have much money so this gives them a chance to see him and have a staycation.

I have been working on a class project from the guild retreat there is pre-stitching, I will post a photo later this week.
I promise to send out thank-you emails this week for the comments on my last post.
I hope you all are having a great week and do loads of stitching.

Hugs
Catherine

17 comments:

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your croutons look delicious! I love bread but it doesn't love me.

Bee Contained is so pretty and you're making excellent progress on it! I've finished stitching the pieces but have not attempted the finishing beyond the small we did in class.

Linda said...

Nice progress Catherine. Those croutons look yummy.

Linda

Faith... said...

The croutons sound yummy! Great stitching progress.

RJ said...

Oh I am definitely making those croutons, Catherine. They sound and look delicious. Have fun at your next retreat. Your progress is wonderful. Have a great week. Tell Mike to have fun with his visitors too. RJ@stitchingfriends

marly said...

Great idea to use garlic bread. I eat Sara Lee Delightful bread, trying to cut carbs and add grains, and toast those in the oven for croutons. But I will definitely try using garlic bread!

butterfly said...

Well done Catherine looks yummy .
Stitching is looking fab can't wait to see the finish .
Have a lovely week.

Marilyn said...

Oooo, that bread looks delicious!
What a nice gesture of your husband giving family a little staycation.
Great progress on the Betsy Morgan piece.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

CathieJ said...

Those croutons look so yummy. I like that stitching.

Sandy said...

Never ever worry about commenting. We just like to see what is being stitched and cooked:) Love the piece!

Marula Michela said...

Deve essere buonissimo questo pane... Dalla foto mi sembrava una zucca !!
Procedono sempre bene i tuoi ricami, aspetto di vedere qualche foto della lavanda...
Buona giornata

Mary said...

Oh my, I love garlic bread and what a great idea to make croutons out of it. Thanks for sharing that idea...

Love your new Besty Morgan stitch, You are so fortunate to go on another retreat, have lots of fun! Mary

Julie said...

The little bees are so cute, looking forward to seeing more of this one.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

Jasmine says hello to Blondie and have fun.

Sandy said...

Wonder why the yellow doesn't show up, I often have trouble with purples/blue showing up wonky, but have been ok with yellow. LOVE the cute little bees at the top of your stitching. I best not let hubby see your croutons...they look good and he loves, but I never add them to a salad as a way of trimming.

Sandy's Space

LindaLee said...

I'm so glad you stopped in and left me a comment! This here is a beautiful blog and I'm now your latest follower. Thanks for the recipe for the croutons, and I love your stitching. Keep up the great job on your postings.

The Liberty Belle said...

That stitch is very pretty. I look forward to seeing the stained glass and beading projects too. Thanks for sharing the crouton recipe. Homemade croutons are so delicious.

Mfloria Laiz said...

The post is really informative but there are many ways to increase your learning these 5 WAYS TO UTILISE PROJECT-BASED LEARNING will deliver you everything in an informative way.