Friday, June 14, 2019

A Little Bad News And Some Stitching

Thank-you to all my followers for your comments and visits I truly enjoy them.

I had a bad day on Tuesday, we were on our way home from a late lunch early dinner and bam a guy hits a deer coming from the other direction it bounced off his car and landed on ours I was driving, I am not sure why but I did not get shook up like Mike did, it is amazing I kept my cool.
The deer was so big, I used to hunt, this was the largest deer I have ever seen, he did get up after a while and run away.


Now I have been doing some stitching, in between painting working on the back deck and other things that need repair and stuff that needs to be done outside.

I finished stitching my Scattered Seed Needleroll, I am working on the inside and will finish it this evening and construct it tomorrow.


I love this needleroll.


This is the inside of the needleroll I just need to ad the other two needle sizes, then I can construct it.

 Now if you enlarge this photo you will see a line in the fabric, well being the airhead that I am, I started at the wrong end when I put it on the frame and started on the long end of fabric, however I was not going to start over, I have done this before, so I added  linen on the bottom, I will iron it flat and hope it does not show, I  have done this before it has work out just fine.
So sorry it is not ironed I wanted to get a post in today.

I did do some construction on my Jeanette Douglas Class piece from last year.


I plan on staining the inside of the box, I am getting excited to get this one done, I hope to enter it in the county fair and maybe the state fair.


I will be working on the other pieces of this set, they are all stitched but need construction..

I received the second piece of the Scattered Seeds Sampler (there are four projects)
Tammy does such a lovely job creating these designs.

http://scatteredseedsamplers.blogspot.com take a stroll over to her site.

Well Mike is making steaks with mushrooms and onions this evening, I am hungry.
I hope you are having a great week, i hope your weekend is a beautiful one with lots of fun things planned.
Thank-you for stopping by.

Catherine


16 comments:

marly said...

It won't be noticeable, we've all done that. Glad no one was hurt but that deer has to be suffering with internal injuries. Good thing he didn't go through the windshield. Could it have been a mama ready to give birth? Ours are very late again this year.

butterfly said...

What a shock for you both hope you are both ok and the poor deer.
Love your stitching and the box looks so beautiful .

Marula Michela said...

Povero cervo !! Bellissimo questo schema, spero di vedere il lavoro della scatola terminato !

Marilyn said...

Love that needleroll, especially the birds, and the box is gorgeous, it will be a treasure to keep your stitching supplies in.
Geez, I'm glad no one was hurt, that's a bad break.
A Deer ran into my husband's car about a month ago, did a lot of damage too.
It was mid-day, so they're running!
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Julie said...

The poor deer, good to read no one was hurt in the accident. Cars can be repaired!
Pretty stitching, I'm sure your error will be fine.

Sandy said...

I am so glad y'all are okay after the deer. Those can be dangerous around here. I had a turkey buzzard do extensive damage to a door on my car once so I can't imagine a deer.
I simply love the stitching box and can't wait to see the needle roll. The box is great!

Vickie said...

I am very surprised by the small amount of damage to your car considering!! So glad you two were not hurt. I am not so sure about the poor deer. Your stitching box is wonderful!

Purple Pixie Dust said...

glad you guys are okay.love all your stitching. big hugs

Linda said...

So sorry for to hear about the damage to your car Vickie. Glad it wasn't any worse. Your projects are lovely.

Linda

Heritage Hall said...

Bad news about the deer, your car and the trauma, but good news that you were not hurt.. so important. Love the charming stitching box and items. A good weekend to
relax and recover.

gracie said...

Thank goodness either of you were hurt. Deer accidents can be very dangerous. Looks like he lost a hunk of fur on your windshield. Lovely stitching.

Mary said...

Thank Goodness you were not hurt, that must have been terrifying! Love all your projects, especially the stitching box. I'm sure you will do great at the fairs with it. (Stitching friends has been on vacations, trying to catch up now) Mary

CathieJ said...

Thank goodness both of you are okay. The damage to your car can be fixed. I'm not sure that I would have been able to stay calm as you did. Your stitching is beautiful as usual.

Faith... said...

Oh my, how scary! I am glad that only the car was injured!

Can't wait to see your Needleroll and I love your Jeanette Douglas piece; it is gorgeous! Hope your steak was yummy.

RJ said...

Oh my Catherine. Thank God you both are ok. That must have been very scary. Your needleroll already looks good and you have just started. Your JD is so beautiful You are so talented. RJ

Jessica Funk said...

my name is Jessica Funk and I want to thank Dr Sam a very powerful spell
caster who help me bring back my husband, few month ago i have a
serious problem with my husband, to the extend that he left the house, and
he started dating another woman and he stayed with the woman, i tried all i
can to bring him back, but all my effort was useless until till the day my
friend came to my house and i told her every thing that had happened
between me and my husband, then she told me of a powerful spell caster who
help her when she was in the same problem I then contact Dr Sam and told
him every think and he told me not to worry my self again that my husband
will come back to me after he has cast a spell on him,i thought it was a
joke, after he had finish casting the spell, he told me that he had just
finish casting the spell, to my greatest surprise within that 3 days, my
husband really came back begging me to forgive him, if you need his help
you can contact him with his email address [okokakspellhome@gmail.com or
okokakspellhome@yahool.com] or
add him up on his whatsapp +2349060421250 he is willing to help any body
that need his help.