Friday, April 12, 2019

Some More Photos of Snow and Retreat

I just have to post the photos of the snow we are getting today, I am so sick of snow but when outside and its falling, its so beautiful, we live in a small golf course community, it is so quiet and with the snow falling I love it.
I do want spring now, hopefully it will be warm again soon. Look how big the flakes are.


I have to tell you I met three Ladies who were from out of state who said they were Blog followers of mine, they do not have Blogs themselves but do follow, that was so exciting for me, I will not print their names because I did not ask for permission to do so, it was such  a pleasure to meet them, I almost cried I was so happy, I believe it was their first time at this Retreat, I hope to see them next spring.

I have a few more gift photos to share, now I am not sure if you know this but I use notepads and notebooks all the time, I keep notes of all the events and volunteering I do.
My Dear Friend LaRue gave me a Cactus notebook, I am loving this for two reasons, it came from her and it has a cactus on it.
I used to grow cactus before my cat decided to eat them thorns and all, I will get more when she goes to kitty heaven someday.
Thank-you LaRue.


I won the first prize Deb at Stitchville USA gave out this is way up my alley, I love samples of items, this has a sewing kit with the tiniest scissors thread and needle, soaps for cleaning hand washables, a nail file and hand wipes, this is a must to have, the soap does not need to be rinsed out how about that.

I also did get a pair of scissors, they are black and oh so cute.


I also received a carrot bag with goodies in it from my friend Kathy, it is adorable, thank-you Kathy.
I am a pencil user, the eraser will come in handy, I am always writing when I stitch or am on the net looking and reading blogs, when I see something someone is stitching I write down the designer and design name, this will come in handy.



Okay this is my last brag then I will stop.
Linda a sweet little lady who I call little girl gave me counting pins, they are a beautiful color aqua blue, believe it or not I do use counting pins.

Well enough bragging so sorry, I get so excited at Spring Fling every year.

Happy Spring  I think!!!

Catherine

10 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

Praying for safety and Springtime for all of you.

Linda said...

Hope your snow stops soon Catherine. Love all of your pretty gifts.

Linda

Purple Pixie Dust said...

you can brag all you want. we just got rid of most of our snow but I don't think it's over yet. hugs

butterfly said...

I wish you some Spring weather .
Love your gifts , enjoy your weekend.

Marilyn said...

We had those big flakes here also.
I hope it's over!
Looks like you acquired some great goodies at the retreat.
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Sandy said...

Spring come on!
I have a lady that follows too and emails me occasionally. I love to hear from her. I have met so many lovely ladies blogging. I have thought about giving it up many times, but I would miss all the friends I have made.

Carol said...

Oh, I sure hope your weather improves, soon! I just can't imagine more snow after the winter you've had... Sounds like a fun retreat--love the carrot gift bag idea, too :) Enjoy your weekend, Catherine!

gracie said...

Hope the snow will be stopping soon. Wonderful show and tell. Sounds like a good time at the retreat.

The Liberty Belle said...

Snow in April? Oh my! How lucky you are! I love snow. It's perfect for snuggling up with a good book beside a crackling fire. So glad you got the pleasure of meeting some of your blog followers. It's such a great experience. Enjoy your neat notebook and carrot bag goodies! Have a wonderful week.

Marti said...

How fun to meet blog followers. I have never met another blogger in real life though a couple of my real life friends used to blog. Does that make sense? Probably not. You come back from retreats with the neatest things. I've never heard of soap that doesn't have to be washed out, so of course I hope you do a review after you use it.