Monday, April 15, 2019

S Stitching Update & A New Project In The Future

Hello to all my Dear followers: Thank-you for your lovely comments on my last post, to those of you who do not have email's thank-you for stopping by.

I have done some stitching, I started on Friday evening stitching on my Blackbird Design Pear, I have done so much, I stitched on Saturday and a little yesterday, I hope to have this finished by Wednesday.
I am not sure why the photo shows a lighter fabric, the sample at retreat looked like the fabric I am using, maybe its the light? who knows.


I was so happy to come home from grocery to find a box on the counter, I opened it even before putting the groceries away, it was my Victoria Sampler Strawberry Pin Cushion kit.
I will start this after I finish with the Blackbird Designs Class Projects.

My friend asked me how could I afford to buy so many things, I said we started to save when we first got married and have retirement funds, not just Social Security, she is struggling and cannot understand my hobbies.

The snow is melting, the sun is peeking out every once in a while, hopefully the rain will miss us on Wednesday.

Have a great week stitching, beading crocheting, quilting and whatever other hobbies you have.
In advance thank-you for your kind comments and for your visits.


Catherine

12 comments:

gracie said...

Love the new kit. Would be nice if the snow would disappear soon.

butterfly said...

The new kit looks wonderful .
I am so happy your snow is melting .
Enjoy your Easter week hugs.

Marilyn said...

Love that Pear!
Great new project also, have fun stitching both!
We got a little more snow on Sunday, then it melted.
It's suppsed to rain the rest of the week. YUK!
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Sandy said...

I love the pear and can't wait to see it finished. The pin cushion looks like a fun kit too.

Linda said...

Nice progress on the pear Catherine. Great new kit.

Linda

Mary said...

Catherine, Your making fast progress on the pear, the pincushion looks interesting to put together! We had snow flurries last night, hope you get some real Spring weather soon!

Terri said...

I bought that same pincushion, but forgot to order the chart. Ordered the chart yesterday after the pincushion arrived. I'm doing the Victorian version. I hope the chart gets here fairly quickly. I'd love to start on it!

Carol said...

Lovely progress on your pear, Catherine and what a beautiful new kit! Good for you for saving your whole life. We have done the same and I'm so glad we were frugal :)

RJ said...

Catherine I love your pear...great progress has been made already. But, I love, love love your new pattern with the strawberries. The colors are fabulous and it is going to be so beautiful. We were like you and Mike, we always saved right from the beginning. I feel blessed that in retirement I can buy any cross stitch items I want too. It seems to be the only thing I splurge on. I've been thinking alot about you and know I owe you a nice long email...life has been crazy lately. RJ

Faith... said...

The Strawberry Pin Cushion is going to be gorgeous! Your Pear ain't to bad wither though! You seem to be zipping right through that one.

Have a wonderful Easter!

Our photos said...

Have a nice Easter!

Julie said...

The new kit looks pretty and the pear design is growing well.
People who don't craft have trouble understanding the pleasure that a small purchase brings not only in the buying of it, but the making of it too.