Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Some Stitching

Hello my dear friends: I have had a busy week, we are putting in new cabinets in my sewing room, my beading supplies and fabric along with everything else has a new home, I just need to get the rest in order.
I had a ball  at retreat, I sat with three ladies who were a hoot.
I finished the Brenda Gervais designs I was working on, I will show photos after ironing them.

I started a new Brenda Gervais design it is the Easter Parade design.


See how light mine looks, I could not figure this out so I studied the above photo, I used the called for fabric and threads, the photographer took the photo in the shade, see the light on the left of the ducks face, I feel much better now about the colors, however I will be doing a tamp dye, I will use a cloth to just dampen the fabric and tamp onto the finished piece, of course I will try this on and different piece of fabric and thread first.


I see a designer pattern going on here do you? I love here designs and love the new ones out, she is doing a series, I am not sure I will do that myself.

We will be getting rain here today tomorrow and Thursday, however that means flooding, when will it just be a normal winter and spring, of course we have not had a winter or spring like this in years.

Just a couple of photos found on Pinterest to make you smile, I hope .


 This would be my dog we have so much snow I will have to take a photo of her out in the snow before it melts.

This is what we will look like after all the melting happens, of course my dog is a lot larger and I am oh so much older then this little sweety pie, giggles.

I hope your week is a great week
Thank-you for stopping by
Catherine

11 comments:

Purple Pixie Dust said...

I can remember playing in the mud, oh what fun. love your stitching. hugs

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching looks wonderful to me.
Love the photos .

Rita said...

Sweet little bunny!

marly said...

Her designs are so soft and wonderful. I'm sure you will get the color you want, but may love it as is when finished. My snow is gone, mud is freezing, then thawing, freezing, then thawing....

Linda said...

Great new start Catherine.

Linda

Faith... said...

I love your Bunny! I hope you will share the finish with us after you dye it. New places for your stash?, how awesome!! I hope you enjoy the new set up.

Marilyn said...

Cute Bunny!
Your craft room sounds nice.
We have rain here also, I just hope it melts all of the dirty, dirty snow.
Take care.
Marilyn

Julie said...

Your bunny is really sweet, that's a cute design

Sandy said...

I like your bunny colors, but that color difference seems to occur a lot with me. I always think things look different that when I ordered.
I guess rain is good to melt the snow, but oh the mess. My dogs would be rolling in it.

Carol said...

Your bunny is adorable, Catherine! I'm another fan of her designs, but I always seem to have to change the colors to make them look more like the cover photos.

Sunny and almost 70 here in western PA today--we have been SO lucky this winter!!

RJ said...

She is one of my very favorite designers and my pocketbook sure knows it. I love your bunny and your color choices. Well it was 90 here today and that is way too hot for April. But, then that is Florida. RJ