Tuesday, August 21, 2018

A Retreat And Very Little Stitching

Hello to all my Friends: I hope you all are having a great summer of stitching.
Two weeks ago I was at a week long retreat, I had a blast, of course I sat with the friends I sit with every year, we have such a fun table, LaRue, Linda and Karen, I could not ask for a better table to sit at.

I did very little stitching but did lots of beading, I made beaded crystal balls for some of the girls there.
I bought a kit from a lady who had two it is called Edward Scissor Fish, I have wanted to make him for five years, now I can here he is, he is a scissor holder, he is a lot better looking then this photo when stitched up.


My Dear friend LaRue made this fantastic project bag, I love the color and the pattern of the fabric.


So sorry about the wrinkle, it was stuffed in the bottom of my bag, I had to leave early due to a family accident, I just threw everything in my bags.


I took a class and made a beaded tape measure, Becky at Becka Beads has a class for us every year.




I did get lots of free stitching patterns and fabric with threads from the stash relocation table, I am amazed at the stuff people are willing to buy and never stitch, all the better for me.




Just look someone started this and left it with the patterns and threads, yahoo.


This box with the pattern thread and fabric was a great find.


I did not get a front picture of the stitching so sorry, I did stitch this up at retreat it is a needle book and scissor holder.


I found lots of great pieces of 32 and 36 count linen.


I am making a carrier bead bracelet, (not sure why the beads are looking orange) they should be gold
 I hope to have this finished by Saturday so I can wear it to Church.
 

I had the idea to add  the heart and crystal bead.


I am cleaning house tomorrow which takes 6 hours, I move furniture every time I clean its an illness I am sure.
I will be stitching on my cross stitch class project again tomorrow evening, I will need to relax and what a better way then to relax.
We have been removing bush's and putting up a small privacy fence around the air conditioner, we had to remove the bus's because the dear were eating them.
Our next project is the railing around the back deck which is 52 feet long, this will take a while.
Well its time for a dog walk a swim at the wellness center then bedtime.
I hope you all are having a great evening, thank-you for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Catherine

19 comments:

gracie said...

Wonderful found items and love the beaded fish and tape measure. I have not heard of carrier bead bracelet...looking forward to seeing the finish.

Kay said...

Oh my, you came away with some amazing finds of free things, a girl can never have too much stash. The little fish looks fun but hard work with all of those beads. I hope things are all well after the family accident. x

Sandy said...

Wow, I need to visit your meeting. What great things left over!
I hope all is well in your land.
IF that cleaning didn't get in the way of things we could do a lot more stitching. I have the same problem today as well.

Vickie said...

What an AMAZING fish Catherine!! You found so many great things! You sound very busy. I am glad you are relaxing also.

Linda said...

Looks like you had any amazing time at your retreat Catherine. Love all of your projects. You found some great stuff. Hope whoever was injured is okay.

Linda

butterfly said...

What a great time you had at your retreat ,every thing looks wonderful I love the fish holder.
What great things that people throw out . You really do have some beautiful things in the US, here in the UK we have a few nice things , but you seem to have much more there.

You sound so busy Catherine , have a lovely week hugs.

Carol said...

Oh, that beaded tape measure is just lovely, Catherine! I bet that took a lot of time to create :) So glad you had a fun retreat and found lots of goodies, Catherine. Good luck with your house cleaning!!

Preeti said...

Nice to know you had lots of fun at the retreat:)The beaded tape measure looks beautiful! You found nice things to add to your stash.

Marilyn said...

Sounds like a fun retreat!
Edward is gorgeous, I hope we get to see him done up.
Love that tape measure also.
You got some fantastic Stash!
We just moved, so we are very busy also.
Inside, ad outside!
Have a great weekend!
Marilyn

Brigitte said...

I'm sure you had a lot of fun at the retreat. I love the beaded fish and tape measure. And wow, your finds at the retreat are just amazing. It's such a good way to get rid of patterns WIPs that you don't want anymore. So they needn't be thrown away and find a new home. I wish I had such a possibility.

Faith... said...

Sounds like an awesome week of stitching, even if you did have to leave early. You got some fantastic things while you were there - lucky you! Looking forward to seeing your bracelet!

Rita said...

O, how lucky you are to have found with all the "new old" stash!

Great beading!

Julie said...

Lots of lovely finds from the retreat. Mr Fish is really sweet but tape measure is wonderful.

Von said...

I'm in awe of your beading projects!! Especially love the beaded tape measure!

RJ said...

Catherine what a great retreat week you spent. You got alot of goodies too to bring home. I love everything your worked on but that tape measure is beyond gorgeous. What a treasure you made. Your beading is so lovely. So which hobby do you enjoy more...beading or stitching as you do both so exceptional well. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Penny said...

Retreats always sound like so much fun, and I'm glad you could attend! Edward Scissor Fish is adorable. : ) And I hope everything is okay with your family, Catherine. Your beading is just beautiful, and wow, you sure found a lot of goodies! Ugh, housecleaning, I actually don't mind it too much if I can just get everyone out of the house. : )

Marti said...

You have some great projects there. I love the Edward Scissor Fish too! So cute. Which project are you going to start next? I'm afraid I am one of those people who buy kits and never make them. I should pass them on to someone who will get them done.

صيانة كريازي said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
hhisenseg said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.