Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Some Ribbons Won At The County Fair And A Finish

Greetings to all my dear friends in Bloglane: I hope you can forgive me for not sending thank-you's for your comments, it is so busy here with such a short season of warm weather, we try to get loads of stuff done, plus some things going on with my father in law.
Well I entered five items in the County fair last weekend, I did well at least I think I did.

I won First Place Grand Champion with my stitched With Thy Needle And Thread Birds Of A Feather, I did not expect to win anything above first or second place, I cried a little I was so happy.
One other Lady won Grand Champion but in a quilting division, her quilt was positively amazing.


I won first place  for With Thy Needle And thread Cutting Paper Snowflakes. I won this ribbon in the senior division.


I also won first place for two beaded crystal balls, one in the  Senior division and one in the regular division.


I won a first place for a purple bracelet, this was also in the regular division.



I will enter the two beaded Crystal Balls into the state fair and the two stitched pictures also this year.

I did have a finish I stitched the very small 40 count  Tiny Treasures from Jeannette Douglas, ( it is a mini and I mean mini) last weekend, I bought a vintage looking chain to put it on.


Well tomorrow we are hosting a Priest from Iringa  Tanzania Africa, we host him every two years, he comes to raise money for the School, Dorms for Boys and Girls so they may go to school, a clinic and a small hospital, we are very lucky to have him as a guest, Father Augustine Mbeche.

Well folks its time to walk the dog and get to bed.
I hope you are all having good weather.


Catherine

21 comments:

gracie said...

Congratulations my friend. How proud you must be. Your work is superior so I am not surprised at all.

RJ said...

Wow Catherine...CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is wonderful. You did such a great job on all your entered pieces that I can easily see why you won so many ribbons. They were all so well deserved. I love all of your stitches especially Paper Snowflakes. That one speaks to my heart. I've been wanting to stitch it for a long time. Your jewelry is always so pretty and I can easily see why you won so many ribbons in that division too. Great job my dear friend.
RJ

butterfly said...

Congratulations my friend .
How lovely your work is so beautiful.
Hope your father-law gets better soon.
Have a lovely week.

Justine said...

Huge congratulations on your fabulous and well-deserved ribbon haul!

Kay said...

Congratulations, you must be thrilled with all your work. x

Marilyn said...

Congrats o all of your wins!!!
That must be so exciting.
Good luck on your State Fair entries.
Marilyn

Robin said...

Congrats on your wins! Absolutely beautiful pieces. Good job!

Mama Joan said...

Congratulations on all your ribbons:))

Mary said...

Catherine, you have certainly been missed!! I'm happy to hear your keeping yourself busy during the summer. Congratulations on all your wins!! How exciting to receive Grand Champion, both WTNT stitches are gorgeous. The framing is so well done and really shows them off. I'm amazed at how you work with the tiny beads and that bracelet is gorgeous. Sweet new tiny stitch too!! I hope you enjoy the rest of the summer and it's not all work but lots of play too! Hugs, Mary

Sandy said...

Congratulations. Great work indeed. Love the framing. I need a framer really bad:(
Beautiful work!!

Vickie said...

CONGRATULATIONS Catherine! I hope you do very well at State also dear. I am praying for your FIL.

Purple Pixie Dust said...

CONGRATULATIONS FOR ALL YOUR RIBBONS.

Linda said...

Congrats on winning all of the ribbons Catherine.

Linda

Preeti said...

Congrats on winning so many awards, Catherine! The mini project is very cute:)

Pamela said...

Congratulations! Very well done.

Deb said...

Congratulations on all your ribbons! Well done!

Faith... said...

You "think" you did well? I think you did fabulous! You won with each piece you entered and I think you deserved to. Your work is beautiful, congratulations Catherine!

Enjoy your visit with the priest and your warm weather!

Also thank you for all the comments you leave me. For some reason I can never reply to your emails as they come back undeliverable.

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on winning so many ribbons for your extraordinary work. Great job, Catherine.

Julie said...

Congratulations on your wins .... well deserved, beautiful crafting.

rebelrosecreations@gmail.com said...

Congratulations! Beautiful stitching!

Von said...

Congrats on our fair results!!! For once there were some judges who knew what they were looking at! Your stitching is beautiful!