Wednesday, September 27, 2017

This Past month Has Tested Us To All Limits

First of all I want to thank everyone for your comments on my last post, I was able to send email thank-you but got caught up in a mess, a big fat mess.
First my father-in law has us running almost every day, he has the onset of dementia, the assisted living facility he is at is calling almost daily, Mikes older sister and he are power of attorney, so everything falls on them, Mike is retired and his older sister has been working the last few years to get her home paid off, so most of the responsibility falls on Mike, not only that but now his refund check from tax's has been lost in the mail, on the phone for a long time today to clear that mess up I hope.
Then Mike has been going back an forth to the burn center he has second and almost third degree burns on his right hand and arm, he was seasoning a wok in the garage and the oil (which he had to much in the pan) reached its flame point, he tried to carry the wok out of the garage the wind hit the big flame and he had to put the fire out on his hand and burned the other hand also, I will ask you all to please say a prayer he does not get an infection, I have to dress it with new dressing each day, it is very painful for him, I do cry but have to stay strong, this Friday I hope they will say he is healing good and on the mend, its a long road.
Then  I find out my favorite cousin Tim is having a lower leg removed due to an infection the Mayo Clinic cannot get rid of, man this sucks I am so happy I am in such good health, otherwise I would have to hire someone to take care of us all.
 Enough of that horror story, now I want to show you what I have been doing.
A few years ago I was at Needlework Guild and they have a stash relocation pile which consists of things kits thread and patterns people want to get rid of, no charge everything is free, my favorite kind of sale.
I found the 50 count Loon kits which I had worked on a while back, I think the reason the person got rod of it is because they made a few mistakes, I was able to work around them,  I put it in a drawer and forgot about it, found it a couple of weeks ago and finished it, now I need to get it framed.



I taped the piece to a frame so it was easier to stitch and not get the mat board dirty, this is where I left off before finding it again.


This is the finished stitching, I love this design, however Mike had too uncross my eyes after stitching on it for so long.

 
I am working on a Scattered Seed Sampler lit it is the Mend Thy Ways Button Bag, I love Tammy Blacks designs, they are simple but lovely.
 

So sorry about the bad photo, taken at night, not very good lighting, poor camera angle  also.

I have also been beading, I finished two bracelets last week, I love the black and gray the best.


   So sorry another bad photo, I just have not been able to get good photos at night.

I was out on the front porch having coffee and had a beautiful visitor,  this swallow tail has seen better days it is either old or had a good battle with something.




WE have been talking about selling our home and buying a little bigger place, this home just seems so small to us, we will be making a decision soon, it is not easy to decide.
Well its now 10:10 p.m. and I am tired, tomorrow I have to take my father-in-law to a hearing test to see if he needs new hearing aids, Mike cannot drive just yet, poor guy, he is getting bored.

Blessings
My Friends, thank-you for stopping by.

Catherine


 
 

21 comments:

marly said...

Oh my. You certainly do have a lot to deal with. The burns must be very painful for him and I'm sorry to read about your cousin. Hopefully your FIL's doctor can find a combination of meds to help him. Namenda really helped my mom.

I'm considering a small home and trying to get rid of excess. The more room I have, the more I fill it, then I have no room!

RJ said...

Oh Catherine you sure have a full plate. I'm so sorry you have to go through so much at one time. Sometimes it is just too much. I do hope Mike gets better quickly...poor guy!

I do love all of your stitches...great job on all. The free one is an awesome find...looks great in that frame too. Hang in there my friend. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Marilyn said...

((((((((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))))))
I hope everything starts to get better for you, and that Mike's hands heal well.
You have some great projects going.
Love the Loon!
Take care.
Marilyn

Preeti said...

Sorry to hear about the trouble you are going through, Catherine. I hope your hubby's hand gets healed soon. Take care.
Your stitching is looking great and the bracelets are lovely:)

Mary said...

Catherine, How horrible for Mike, burns are so terribly painful, I will keep him in my thoughts and prayer that he does not get an infection. It must be stressful for you to have to change his bandages also.
Your poor cousin, the same thing happened to my Aunt, she had a knee replacement that always had an open wound and finally had to be amputated. YOu certainly are having a month that is testing your strength.

I love your loon!! I never saw them till I vacationed in Ely. Such a realistic stitch and great job on your frame find!

I hope things start to look up for you. Hugs, Mary

Vickie said...

I am so sorry for all of this stress Catherine. I am praying for you, Mike, your FIL, and Tim. Your loon finish is fantastic! I am interested in what you two decide! I vote for staying put. ;) Then again, we are downsizing to an APARTMENT!! ha!

Linda said...

Oh Catherine. I am sending hugs and happy thoughts for a speedy recovery for Mike. Love all of your projects.

Linda

gracie said...

So sorry for all the stress. I will keep you all in my thoughts.

Rita said...

Sorry to read about the troubles, I hope it will be better soon again.
I like your bird very much!

Von said...

Oh, Catherine, you have been going through some deep waters! Thank you for sharing so we can be thinking and praying for you and your family. It's good that you've been able to get some stitching in as it can be a comfort in tough times.

Pamela said...

Hope things are looking up now and everyone is on the mend. Nice finish!

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

It sounds like you have quite a lot on your plate. Hopefully, things start to lighten up around your place. Your loon stitching is very beautiful. I find loons to be elegant birds. Sending prayers and happy thoughts your way.

Christine said...

Sorry to hear about all the things you've been going through. I hope that Mike's hands heal quickly.
Lovely stitching and the bracelets are very pretty

Faith... said...

Oh my goodness Catherine. It seems true for you, when it rains it pours. I hope things are looking up for you and your husband receives good news today at his appointment.

The Loon is beautiful! Stitching on 50 count would proof pretty difficult for me and I admire your ability for being able to do it!

Brigitte said...

Oh my. Burns belong to the most painful things I can think of. I hope the healing is going great and no infection has occurred.
Beautiful stitching on the loon. You must have very good eyes to stitch on 50 ct fabric :))

Frances said...

I am so very sorry to hear about Mike's accident. I know it must be terribly painful. I hope and pray that things get much better soon!
Your stitching is beautiful--that loon is lovely! I'm impressed about the 50 count stitching!

Claudette497 said...

Such a lot to deal with! It's the trying times that make me want to stitch most - I hope you find respite while you sew. Your work is lovely.

Penny said...

Sometimes it seems like everything happens at once and you certainly have had quite a lot to deal with. I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's accident! I can't even imagine the pain. You both will be in my prayers, Catherine.

I'm not sure what type of bird that is but I love it! And on 50ct, wow, beautiful!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

They say "take one day at a time" but it sounds like several days ganged up and attacked you all at once! Hopefully things will calm down now for the rest of the year.
At least you have your stitching to give you some therapy and the beautiful beading.

Lynn said...

Oh Catherine, I am so sorry to read about your situation at the moment, I do hope things get better soon, it must be awful for you. I hope Mikes burns heal quickly, it is a terrible feeling having burns on your hands, I know from experience how painful that is.

On a lighter note your stitching is beautiful.

Sending you big hugs.

Lynn

Robin said...

Catherine - Just catching up on your posts. Bless you and your family. Sending you prayers and strength and I wish I could send you more hours in the day to give you a few spare minutes to breath or rest! Since I am reading oldest to newest.......I look forward to good news on the recovery front.