Monday, September 5, 2016

A Couple of Finish's And a new Car To Go With My New Key Fob I won

Thank-you to all of the people who have left such lovely comments on my last post, Michael is doing well and driving and mowing the lawn now, this sounds like not much but when it is taken away from you, you get antsy to get back to a normal routine, I am so lucky to call you friends.
Thank-you  to all the wonderful private emails asking about Michael and my Mother, I am truly lucky to call you all friends.

 I won a beautiful Fob from DaffyCat over at http://itsdaffycat.blogspot.com you need to pop over to her blog and see the beauty she is working on now, it is lovely. I am using this fob for my new car key which you can see in the bottom of this post.  Thank-you Sharon
I won this Fob back in June and forgot to post due to Michaels surgery, so sorry Sharon.


I have been stitching I finished  The Scattered Seed Sampler Mend My Soul, Tailors Roll, this is such a beautiful, Tammy Black does such a beautiful job designing, I love her designs.


This will be a pin pillow, I am excited about this pillow it is so primitive looking .


I went to the Minnesota Needlework Guild Retreat the second week of August, there is a relocation stash room, I found a kit with a  P Buckley Moss Tarry Not almost finished project, I brought it home all it needed was the back stitching and a few French knots and lazy daisy stitch's, so its like getting an  almost finished project for free


So sorry about the wrinkles, I will be looking for a mat and frame this week sometime.


I did make another bracelet which I love it has leather and beads, I was at a birthday party at Becka Beads in Maple Lake  Minnesota and this is what we made, I love it.


                                                                  I love the colors



I have been working on finishing the stitching on my Ellen Chester Retreat Project from 2014, Kindred Spirits it is almost done and then I can put all the pieces together and finish the tray I can hardly wait.
I do not have a photo of my stitching but will soon post one, here  is a photo of the class  project.

 

I have to tell you I have a new car, I know this is not about stitching but a new car is something we have not had for eleven years, the Durango was still in great condition and had very low millage  we put on new tires and had a tune-up last month and still we bought a new car.
We got a great trade-in price and so many rebates it was hard to not buy this 2017 car.





Happy Stitching
Catherine

 

13 comments:

Frances said...

Glad to hear that your husband's progress is continuing! I'm sure that's a great relief!
Your stitching is lovely, as always, and you are lucky to obtain that Moss piece almost finished. I have heard of others getting things like that. I'm afraid that if I had done almost the entire piece, I would just go ahead and finish it, instead of getting rid of it at the end. Oh well, everyone is different!! ha
I know you are enjoying your new car! I love the way they smell! hahaha
I have just finally completed a big portion of my duties in my music club, and now I will be able to relax and get some finishing done! I have several things ready to complete, and I'm getting the itch to do so!!

Preeti said...

Your stitching pieces are looking great!! Lovely bracelet too. Glad to know that your husband is feeling well. Congrats on the new car!:)

butterfly said...


Good to hear your husband is continuing to get better.
Nice new car .
Stitching looks lovely , enjoy your week.

Marilyn said...

Glad to hear your husband is doing well.
Great projects, love the bracelet.
Enjoy your new car.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Good for Michael!!
You have been busy stitching! Lookin' great!
I cannot tell if you have a Ford Escape or Edge. We have owned two Escapes. We own three Fords right now. :)

Linda said...

Glad to hear that Michael is doing well. Love all of your stitching.

Linda

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I also ♡ your stitches
Many compliments

Kimmie said...

Nice new wheels!!

I love yur stichy projects...as always. Your bracelets are wonderful!!!!

marly said...

Glad everything is going well. Good luck with the new car!

Carol said...

It's always special to get a new car, isn't it, Catherine? We tend to keep our cars at least 10-12 years so a new one is always fun!! There are always so many changes in technology between car purchases :)

Lovely stitching and your blue bracelets are wonderful! Glad to hear things are getting back to normal for Mike--it is the little things in life that you appreciate at the end of the day!

Bea said...

Congratulations on the new car!

The stitching is lovely and so are the bracelets.

And it's good to hear your husband can do things again. I hope that continues.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work and I certainly agree that stitching mends your soul!
Love the bracelets too.
Glad your husband is getting back to himself as well.

Joysze said...

OOOOOH A NEW CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the smell of them, hehehe. Oooh, pretty bracelet, Catherine.

Whoah nellie bob, that's awesome about the almost finished piece!! What an almost instant gratification thing to do. :D :D :D

xoxox