Monday, June 8, 2015

Some Stitching and some fun things

Greetings to all:

Than-you for your lovely comments on my last post, I am totally in love with the Little Sparrow Stitching barrel, Tammy is so talented and such a sweet Lady.
I do have some progress to show not much because I have been busy, tell you more later.


I had to rip the left side out yesterday, I was almost to the end, as I was putting the frame down to get a drink I noticed the lower hump was a little off, yep by adding one stitch I had to rip it out, nope it could not be closed to the end it had to be at the beginning, oh pooh, the more I stitch on this little lovely the more I like it.
I hope to have it finished and put together by this Sunday, the next installment comes near the end of June, wish me luck.

Next is the second bracelet I made, I did this one in a black and white with silver rings and a pewter heart that was a gift from a friend.
These go together so  fast  I want to make more, they are a simple bracelet but just the same I love them.


So sorry the pictures are so bad, I took them this morning when having my latte at Starbucks.


Next is a picture of my Mother signing the papers for her new home, the lady behind her is my Sister-in-Law, this was an exciting day for my Mother, you see she has never owned a home before, I am so proud of her.


Happy New Home Mom, I love you so much and am so proud of you.
Just a couple of photos of my Mothers home.




That chair looks so lonely.




Last week was a special week for me, I was able to travel with my wonderful Husband to Alexandria Mn. you see he teaches a Background Investigation class at some of the Law Enforcement Tech Schools in Minnesota a few days out of the year.
I went with and sat at the hotel and stitched and read until he came back, we went out to dinner that evening and I had my favorite food walleye dinner oh yum, popovers, green beans, salad, baked potato and a very large  margarita, you see our Anniversary is the 11th of June and we just could not fit in anytime to get away this week, so my wonderful Husband called my boss and set up some days off to my surprise, I was so surprised that these two men would do such a lovely thing for me, I had no idea about the days off until Wednesday morning, so we spent several days after his class and relaxed at the hotel.
On the way home we stopped at the only distillery in Minnesota, it is in a very small town (Osakis) Mn. While there Mike was able to tour and taste the whisky, he said it was so smooth and wants to buy some just to have around for sipping, you see we are not big drinkers just a little nip and some for cooking is good.

While Mike was busy I went to a place called Grandmas I bought some gifts which I cannot show you because they are for friends that belong to the Minnesota Needlework Guild.


Michael and I were sitting out on the deck reading yesterday and an Oriole decided to visit the grape jelly feeder I have out, he or she fluffed their feathers for us.


Of course we get the back side to this lovely bird, just the same they are so beautiful.

The next picture is of a deer that was eating Dr. Hurrele's flowers, I just had to take a picture, this happened this morning when I arrived at his home to pick him up to head to Brainard to see patients.




What a beautiful creature, I told him to have his wife go to the hairdresser and get hair and put it around the plants this does work I have done this for a few years now, the dear smell the hair and stay away from the gardens and bushes, sounds icky but still works.


Michaels arm is doing so well the Dr. said he is three weeks ahead of schedule, he is doing wall push-ups as part of his home physical therapy, just one of the many things he needs to do to get back in shape.
I will have some exciting news next post, at least for me it is, I will post pictures soon.

Blessings
To you all
Catherine


 

14 comments:

cucki said...

Beautiful pictures my dear..
Lovely stitching and the bracelet is looking so lovely too.
Big hugs x

Bea said...

Busy week! Your stitching is lovely. So glad you were able to do something special for your anniversary.

Linda said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip and great pictures.

Linda

Vickie said...

Happy Anniversary!
Good for Michael. I am doing PT also. Hard work but definitely worth it!

Deb said...

So many wonderful life events! Love that street sign, or signs.
Big congratulations to your mom.
Beautiful pictures!

marly said...

Your mom's home is lovely! I love the glass leading to a deck. Happy anniversary to you both.

Preeti said...

Congrats to your Mom for the new home !! :)
Your stitching is beautiful and the bracelet too!! It happens many times with me that I stitch for 10 min and then rip the stitches for another 5-7 min. the only progress I make is the amount of time spent on my WIP :)
Nice to know that you had a lovely surprise vacation time !!

Frances said...

I love the little bird nest stitching! So sweet!
Your mother's home is lovely! I know she is excited!
Happy Anniversary!

butterfly said...


What a lovely post, and lovely stitching.
I am so happy for your mother she will love her new home.
Well done to your DH too.
Beautiful photos you have some wonderful nature around you.

Marilyn said...

Congrats on your Mom being a home-owner.
Looks like you had a fun time.
The Oriole is so pretty.
Marilyn

Lana said...

Wow! You've been busy! Loved seeing all the pictures! Great stitchy progress as well!

Kimmie said...

Sorry about your stitchy frogs. LOL

Love your pics! Your little get away sounds fun!!

gracie said...

Wonderful pictures..I love that bracelet. Is there a pattern available for it?

Karyn said...

Congratulations to your Mom, that is a huge accomplishment, and I am so proud of her too!
Your pics are awesome, Catherine, what a gorgeous part of the country you live in! Your trip with hubby sounds awesome and I'm so glad to hear that he's coming along so well.
Your bracelet is gorgeous, I just love it, and can't imagine how much work that must have been! Little Sparrow is progressing well, the colors are so sweet...
Have a great week
Hugs
Ma