Wednesday, October 6, 2010




I have been very busy lately with a mother who is ill and work is just so busy, things are getting better, I have a post of a project I started in Sept. I finally finished her, on sunday I used 32 count fabric I am not sure of the type I have had this fabric for so long, I used D.M.C. threads the varigated is also D.M.C.
I stitched Winifred The Witch from the Just Cross Stitch Sept/Oct 2010 issue, I love this years issue, I think I will do the Owl and Pumpkin next, after I finish my penny rugs I am making these rugs for a fund raiser for stitch group, we meet two week-end a year at the Totino Grace Retreat Center in Fridley Minnesota, this year we are meeting the week-end of halloween, Fri-Sun. We stitch all afternoon Fri into the late night, and go home on Sunday at around 14:00.
We auction off all our old patterns and have a silent auction for the things like my penny rugs Marsh makes felted snowfamilies, felted pumpkins squash and purses, her work is excellent, Keli makes soaps and other goodies that smell good. Other ladies make things like socks scarves etc, there is a lot to bid on, we use the money we make to buy calling cards for our wonderful service men and women over seas, this is a great way for them to stay in contact with their families.
I will post pictures after stitch week-end.
Happy Fall to you all.
Catherine

No comments: