Saturday, September 14, 2024

Hello My Friends In Stitch World

 Greetings my dear friends, August was a very busy month, lots of VA appointments for Mike reevaluation  of benefits, we are still in the dark as to weather he will have a reduction or addition of funds.

The first week I went to the Guild Retreat had a ball the first day, I took two class’s, one a Kumohimo class and a felting class finished both which I will share in my next post.

I was so lucky to have found a bag a big bag of Gentle Arts threads, now I do not usually buy specialty threads unless I have too now I have almost all the colors. I asked if anyone was interested in the bag no one in the reallocation room was I was the lucky girl. So sorry babout the Sid way photos they would not turn.







 

I also was able to get four books A cross stitch Christmas, Seasonal Sensations, Seasons Of Memories,
Heart Of the Holidays and A Season To Remember, I love these books.

Stitching update:

I did finish a Pamela Kellogg design Kitty and Me designs, (so sorry about the wrinkles) I love her cats, however I am not a fan of Krienik threads which there were four used.
I am going to have Michael’s frame him for me 


I was able to fully finish a Christmas ornament I stitched a while back, I love Santas


I made myself a weight for a frame, sometimes I like to use a tv tray and lay a large stitching frame on the table and use a weight at the top to hold the hoop or frame, weighs about seven pounds


Time to start dinner and relax a little then down to my sewing room for mending and sewing, have an amazing week and wish and pray for Peace around the world

Catherine

 🌖💝💝💝💝




7 comments:

Marilyn said...

I am interested in your Kumohimo class, never heard of it.
A great score on the threads!
Kitty is so pretty, & probably very sparkly.
I hope Mike gets some answers soon.
Marilyn

Sandy said...

The cat and the Santa are so pretty. I love the ornament.

Stasi said...

Great score on the GAST...they are my faves! Your Santa is so sweet! Sounds like you had a good Guild meeting!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I would like to stitch one of Pam's cats but I can't settle on which one I like best, so I put it off. Lucky score on the threads!! btw - if you have trouble with Kreinik threads, have you tried using a product called 'Thread Heaven'? You run the threads through it and it leaves a slight coating which seems to help when stitching with it. I'm still using the one I bought many (!!) years ago so it lasts a long time.

Vickie said...

Holy Moly someone was VERY generous in giving those threads away! Good for you!!! What a pretty kitty! Your Santa is so cute. I do not understand the weight and how you are using it?

Katie said...

Glad you were able to snag those beautiful threads. I like to use them on just a few things. But then I get nervous about running out. Enjoy them! Great finishes. I'm doing one of the Eagles. I love the way it is turning out.

Crystal Digitizing said...

so nice and amazing job digitizing services superb ..