Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Did You Hear The Cries For help?

 If you heard the cries for help it was me I am lacking a needle and fabric with thread in my hand, ouch it is hard giving up something so dear to me, but well worth the Sacrifice For Jesus Gave his Life for our sins.

I am missing needlework terribly, it will be another 26 days before I have my needlework in hand, it was very hard the first week, it is getting better I must say, I hope to keep busy with all the alterations and other things I am working on.

I am doing a felt project for Christmas, one I am doing for myself instead of someone else, I have gifted in the past.

I have been spring cleaning also, I have decided that I will not climb a small ladder to clean my walls, instead I decided to use a swifter dust mop to run along the walls, this is working out well, so easy and get the dust off the walls from open windows and the running furnace.

I will not post photos today just wanted to stop by and say hello.

I hope all are doing well, please Pray for the state of Texas they are having some horrific fires going on and California had some areas with five to ten feet of snow, something even the mountains are not used to.

Have an amazing week.


                                                  Catherine☘️

12 comments:

butterfly said...

Oh dear,
It is hard to not to stitch,
but time rolls by so quick you will be stitching soon.
Hugs June.

Marilyn said...

Do you have more finishing to oxxu[y the lost stitching time?
I would miss it terribly too.
It surely is strange weather out there.
Take care.
Marilyn

Magpie's Mumblings said...

THAT was what that noise was!! Now I know...lol. I know somewhat what you're going through because when I had my cataracts done I ended up with eight weeks of not being able to do needlework or read or even watch tv. It was pure h-e-double-hockey-sticks for a person that never sits idle.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Sitting with idle hands is SO hard for me! It looks like your finishing was going pretty well. Did you have more to go!

I think it is important to make for ourselves too!

marly said...

Honestly, if I stop stitching for weeks, I enter a slump that is hard to revive. The new releases are tempting but no large projects will be added to stash. Losing my desire for such dedication. Your projects and finishes show yours beautifully!

roughterrain crane said...

The spring weather is whimsical. Take care. Happy March to you.

Carol said...

I know I would have trouble going without my stitching for so long, Catherine--it is a prime source of anxiety relief for me and the moment I settle into my stitching chair, I can immediately feel myself relax. I hope the next three weeks pass quickly for you! Take care now and enjoy your spring cleaning--it's always so rewarding to have it done :)

Toki said...

I think your decision to take a break from needlework because of your deep faith is amazing. I think the joy when you start again will be satisfying joy.😊
California wildfires reportedly burned an area twice the size of Tokyo,Japan. Nature is beautiful and kind and gives us blessings, but sometimes it attacks us with its fangs.😢
I hope the fire is extinguished as soon as possible and lives are saved.

Faith... said...

I admire your dedication, and just think by now you are halfway finished. :)

Good luck with your spring cleaning, that is one job that wears me out with my bad back and legs but it gets finished little by little. I am looking forward to seeing your felt project. I haven't done one of those in a long time. Thankfully you had other crafts to keep your hands busy.

Katie said...

I guess your break is allowing you to do some other things. I would love to try felt but my stitching screams too loud haha.

Golden Crown said...

Your post was brilliant! I appreciate your unique take. Looking forward to your future writings.

Astrids dragon said...

You must have kept yourself busy enough that you don't have time for a current post!
And I hope you haven't been cleaning all that time!😉