Tuesday, January 9, 2024

I Am Late Happy New Year

 Happy Blessed New Year to all: I hope you have a healthy and stitch filled year.

First of all we spent a quiet Christmas Eve alone at home, Mike went to the ER at 05:00 he was there for five hours, heart is good no bleeding, he had stomach flu which radiated pain to his chest, thankfully he is doing great now.


I have done some stitching, I did the Jingle Ball in December, it was a blast, I bought two class's, one from Loz Mathews, I love the kit she sent, I stitched two wreaths, it was a great internet class.




I really like these wreaths, I found mini wreath on a bolt at Hobby Lobby in the Christmas ribbon section so I can make more next Christmas. I did change the style           a bit, I used polka dot ribbon for the backing I hope you like the finish


I finished stitching the 1787 Sampler Smalls, I just need to add the ribbon to the needle book, I took this class from Stitchville USA back in 2020 over the net


I changed the pillow a bit I did not add the fabric around the stitched piece, I opted for braid instead, the added fabric made the pillow a bit larger
The strawberry is my favorite of the set


The pin pillow is so sweet, i want to make many in different colors of fabric and thread for a basket


The scissor keeper just needs to have buttons added in the four corners


The owl I did many years ago, not part of the set


I am not sure why the needle book is so much larger then the scissor keeper but I like it anyway


Had a ball stitching this set, there is an ort jar which i did not take a photo of so sorry



I saw this in the Just Cross Stitch Magazine December 2023


I found the rolling pin at Marshalls for only 3.99 the stand I found at Hobby Lobby, it is supposed to be a wood stand for any kind of photo or whatever, I turned it on                                                its side to use as a pin holder
            I added beads instead of stitching stars, i like the colored beads better


 I bought this kit from Jerome Thomas designs, I really like their designs and kits, so worth the money


                                      The fabric comes so neatly organized


                                 Look at rh lovely cards they send, so sweet


I always get a little sample which is a size that is big enough to use for something


Thats it for now I hope to p[ost again soon
💙Catherine💙



13 comments:

Stasi said...

Catherine....sorry to hear about Mike on Christmas Eve...we were also at the ER that night with my father. Glad he's on the mend.
All your finishes are wonderful...you have been a busy bee! The wreaths are adorable...as well as the rolling pin cover. Your Erica Michaels is just lovely. I will have to check out Jerome Thomas...neve heard of them.
Happy New Year....hope it's less worrisome than 2023.

marly said...

What a perfect display for the rolling pin finish. The projects you stitched are all so pretty, as always. Glad that Mike was cleared from a heart issue in the ER, but sorry he was sick enough to be there. Hope 2024 brings good health and good times!!

butterfly said...

Happy New Year to you both , So happy your hubby is ok.
You have been stitching some lovely things. I also love felt it's easy to use in products.
Enjoy a lovely day hugs June.

Marilyn said...

What great projects!
Love the rolling pin. & that stand is perfect.
Sorry Mike is sick again,I hope he is on the mend.
Take care.
Marilyn

Carol said...

Happy New Year, Catherine! That must have been hard with Mike in the ER on Christmas Eve, but I'm glad he's doing better. That stomach flu is really going around. Hope you avoided getting it!

Your little wreaths are darling and I especially love the rolling pin finish--so creative! I have asked for some felt for my birthday next week--would really like to try some of those darling felt ornaments I keep seeing on Pinterest!

Wishing you and Mike a healthier 2024. I hope it brings many happy days and lots of love and laughter! ♥

Sandy said...

Lovely little projects. I really like your rolling pin. All are just adorable.

Katie said...

Glad Mike is all okay now. Beautiful work on everything. The wreathes are adorable. I love the rolling pin.

Rita said...

Happy New Year!
A lot of beauties here!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Glad your DH is okay - not good having to go to the ER no matter what the time of year.
Looks like you've been busy stitching...I too like the little pin pillow design.

Faith... said...

My Catherine, you have been busy! I love the wreaths, they are very cute. The Sampler Smalls look good, you did an awesome job on them and on the pin and scissor keepers too!

Sorry Mike was sick but I hope he is feeling better now.

Toki said...

You did a lot of great work. The rolling pin display is perfect.
I'm glad Michael has recovered.🙌

Jackie's Stitches said...

So sorry you all spent the night in the ER Christmas Eve. There was a nasty stomach flu going around here at the holidays.

Love your finishes! Just adorable!

Pamela said...

I hope Mike is continuing to do well. You have some sweet finishes.