Saturday, July 29, 2023

I am Taking A Break From Stitching

 Greetings friends: Thank-you for your wonderful comments on my last post about Michael, he is healing and doing so much better, he has another surgery coming up which will tell us if he had prostate cancer and what they will be doing for him. Prayers please.

I am taking a long-awaited break from stitching; I have decided to work on doing a bunch and I mean a bunch of finishing of projects that are (some five years old and younger, I have been very busy with gardens watering mowing, getting the security camaras running again after the electricity goes out from storms and blackouts, I have to get on a ladder and reset them, it's a chore but I love doing taking care of things that Mike usually does and I am pooped out, I need a relaxing time to just be in my sewing/craft room.

Maybe a little purging of fabrics and other items will be taken care of at the same time.

I will post what I am stitching on in my next post, I am almost finished with the set then it will be constructed.

Mike has been saying two Rosaries a day for rain, every time he does it rains an inch or more, Prayers do work, he then says one of thanks for the rain, what a man he is so much Faith.

This is going to be a year to not ever forget for both of us, I love him with all my heart and soul and body, I would do anything to help him, he is amazing and never complains, if it was me, I would be the biggest crybaby in the world, giggles.

As Mike says when he leaves the home for Bible study, a quote from Custer (look for my return Libby)

He is so witty sometimes he still makes me laugh after 43 years of marriage.


Hugs to you all

Catherine💙❤️✝️


13 comments:

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hoping your Michael gets good results from his further testing. You certainly deserve some time off to concentrate on him and just doing what you feel up to. Take care of yourselves.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Praying for good results!

marly said...

Enjoy what you love. Summer is soon over, spend time with Mike, hoping any news is good news!

Sue said...

Hoping that Michael's results are good. Sounds like you are going to be kept busy in your craft room so enjoy your break from stitching. Lovely that you and Michael have been together for 43 years, it's 45 for us in a couple of weeks and I wouldn't have changed a single minute.
Love Sue x

Marilyn said...

Sometimes we all need a break, it's ok.
Have fun finishing though.
You be careful up on that ladder!
Prayers for Mike.....and you.
Take care.
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Glad to hear Mike is doing well...hoping for a good outcome.
Let your finishing be an outlet for stress relief......don't overdo on your tasks. Sending positive thoughts your way!

butterfly said...


Prayers for Mike , and that the results are good.
I have a friend who's Husband has that cancer , but he has had it for 10 yrs I have known them and he is still going strong .
I know it's a big worry for you , and everything falls to you at the moment.
Take time for yourself to do the things you love to.
Hugs and kisses to you both .
June.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Hugs to you both, take whatever time you both need, prayers are with you x

Heritage Hall said...

You and Michael are enclosed in my daily prayers for peace, strength and courage... Yours is such an inspiring love story, Catherine, only growing through the years. Michael's Rosary score
is quite impressive.. great determination...Hope you are finding some relaxing moments away from
that ladder ... finish away and Carpe Diem !

Toki said...

Michael’s starting to prepare to prepare for his next surgery means his back is feeling better, right? The painful treatment will continue, but I hope that Michael will be more comfortable than now.😊
I think your sewing rest is also a good thing.
Be careful when you climb the ladder.🙋

roughterrain crane said...

Relaxing moments make us healthy. Take good care.

Carol said...

I'm keeping you both in my prayers, Catherine... you have been through so much and I hope and pray this next surgery will give you some favorable test results. It's so hard as we get older... we are going through a test for my husband tomorrow as well.

I'm glad you'll be finishing up some things--that is always such a rewarding experience and it's good to be doing something that you love. Your finishes are always so lovely and I look forward to seeing them.

Also wanted to mention that you won my giveaway on my June 30th post for the Patriotic Angel. Please let me know if you're still interested and if so, please send me your mailing address :) Take care now ♥

Astrids dragon said...

Prayers for Mike AND you! I'm glad you're still finding time for yourself, even if it's not stitching.