Monday, November 14, 2022

Some Stitching Some Finishing


It has been very busy here in the Laurent household, we cleared all the gardens of ornaments the bird feeders are full the winterizing is done on the lawn mower and power tools for outside.

 

I stitched this Virgin Mary and Jesus for a Christmas gift for a friend, the fabric is very sparkly, so I thought the frame worked well


This is the ORT jar from the Erica Michaels 1787 Sampler Smalls Class I took, I just need to construct the rest of the pieces

I have been doing a bit of stitching, I am working on a Sue Hillis A Study In Blue, I am using up all my WDW threads left over from other projects, it is working out well so far


I really like this design and in my stash, I have the right sized box for finishing, I hope to have all the stitching done by this Friday


I also finished constructing the Chessie and Me design from a few years ago


I finally found a frame for the Last Ripe Berries from Blackbird Designs Loose Feathers Series #9
I have some of the patterns but not all, this one I found in the stash relocation pile at retreat a couple of years ago, all the designs so far are in different frames which I prefer


These are a few of the designs I kitted up for 2023, I will be kitting up more soon, we will see how many I get done


This one is from Wonderland Ukraine on Etsy


This is another I got out of the stash relocation pile at retreat


Plum Street designs are so sweet


This is a design from Tiger Lily from Floss Tube, she has a boat load of energy and some really cute designs, I am hoping she does a Mrs. Santa, so sorry about the horrible photo, for some reason it is not showing up good


This is a design I received from my Friend Chris, for an Ort jar


This next one is from Marie she needed to unload some of her stash for free


This was a freebie from By The Bay, Donna has some wonderful designs to choose from, she also has many felt designs to choose from


Another Plum Street Sampler design 


Well, it's snowing again, and we have almost a 8 inches of snow
Mike's surgery was cancelled due to him having the flu, sadly he has to wait again, the carotid is blocked 95% I hope he can hang on till the surgery and have no strokes or other health problems, please say a few Prayers for him
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving

Catherine











12 comments:

Sandi said...

Praying for you both.

Sandy said...

Oh Catherine, I am so sorry the surgery has been postponed. I hope it can happen real soon. Praying for him and you too.
Stitch those threads into joy is true. Love all your choices.

roughterrain crane said...

Please keep warm in the cold weather.
Praying for you two.

Marilyn said...

Great stitching & future projects Catherine.
Oh no, that poor guy. I hope they get him in soon.
Prayers for both of you.
Marilyn

Clare-Aimetu said...

Prayers for you both.

Lovely stitching, I'm impressed you've already kitted up for 2023

marly said...

I thought he had his carotid surgery!! It's been some time since that diagnosis, no? I hope his flu is not like what is traveling through here. Worse strain than ever, choking cough that will not leave. I hope he recovers from this quickly and they rescheduled without waiting.

butterfly said...

Wishing you both all the very best.
What a lovely post full of goodies finished and to start.
I love your displays, have a good week hugs June.

FlashinScissors said...

You have lots of lovely stitching! Love the frame for The Last Berries!

Hope your husband is well enough for his surgery soon.

Loving all your kits.

Barbara x

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything. Hope your sweet hubby is well and in surgery sooner than later.

Heritage Hall said...

Daily prayers continue for you and hubby. Love all your kitted-up projects, but the Madonna and Child is a beautiful winner, Catherine.
Hope all goes well for you both very soon.

Carol said...

I so love the simple beauty of your Madonna and Child finish, Catherine! Just lovely. And that Sue Hillis design is gorgeous. One of my stitching friends has completed it and it's a winner for sure.

I'm so sorry to read that your husband's surgery was postponed... It sounds very serious and I know you'll both breathe a sigh of relief when it's over. My BIL has to have open-heart surgery in a few weeks and he is just so anxious. Keeping you both in my prayers ♥

Astrids dragon said...

Prayers for your husband for continued health until his surgery.
You certainly have been busy, beautiful finishes and lots of great WIPS!