Sunday, October 16, 2022

Just A Little Stitching


I hope you all are well and having some great Stitching progress.
Please keep our friends in hurricane disaster areas in your prayers along with our friends from the Ukraine 

I found this on Pinterest, I am not sure of the designer, the words are German I think.
Grobe der Stickerek Stoltzushmitt at least that is what seems to be printed it’s a bit blurry
I used DMC threads as close to the colors of the chart as I could, the fabric is an orphaned piece which I think is 32count, I counted threads but with them not being the same size thread it was between 31-32 count
I am sure one of you are asking why an Easter design well I think I need to get going early I am always behind.






I did finish Stitching the Patrick’s Woods A Pennsylvania Pin Cushion but need to construct it, I have found a coordinating fabric not sure of I like it so much, need to make up my mind, I did come up with a idea I am going to use a one-inch pvc pipe to do the roll Mike will drill a hole for the thimble, I hope it works will let you know.










My next project is a felt table rug for fall, I needed a piece of fabric for the backing of the Patrick's Wood's piece went to a new to me quilt shop by the name of Noble Quilting, www.thenoblequilter.com

I was welcomed with the greatest smiles, I was amazed at how much was in this little store, oh my I really need to learn to quilt.

                                      I picked up this sweet design, I will start on it later today 


I only have a few fall settings up in our home and a couple outdoors, we have had so many things going on here I do Adoration at least once a week and fall events going on in our area, my one favorite is the pancake breakfast, yum.







Please continue with your prayers for Mike he will be having surgery on his carotid artery on the right side on Nove. 14, he will also have back surgery in the near future and possibly prostrate surgery.

Stay safe pray for the full recovery of the hurricane victims and pray for the people who have passed and the healing of their families after their loss.

                                                                        Big Hugs
                                                                        Catherine


 



11 comments:

Rita said...

I love your fall decorations, and more are to come!

Hope your husband will feel better!

butterfly said...

You are so kind sweet friend, thinking of others.
When your husband is not well, I pray that Mike will soon be better.
Love your autumn display and your goodies that will keep you busy.
Take care sweet friend .

Marilyn said...

That big egg is too cute!
The Patrick Woods is going to be so pretty.
I too am putting together a Fall wool tablerunner.
I also need to learn to quilt!
I hope Mike's surgery goes well, & hope his other issues get resolved soon too.
Prayers.
Marilyn

Robin said...

I have it on my list each year to do some wool work. I hope seeing yours will inspire me to finally get started. Your stitching pieces look great. Good luck with the assembly of the Patrick’s Woods piece. Sending well wishes and prayers for Mike and you with his upcoming surgery.
Robin

Susan Zarzycki said...

Your stitching is as always so impressive to this non stitcher! I love the little quilt shops also. I used to visit them regularly and have evidence to prove it in my sewing room that doesn't get used. I could set up my own quilt shop! I am now wondering what to do with it all! It seems you are going through more than your fair share of medical afflictions and my heart goes out to you and your husband. You are certainly in my thoughts and prayers. When I hear of the continuing atrocities inflicted on the Ukrainian people I feel such anger that more is not done to end their suffering. I can only believe that God is in control and His ways are not always our ways. Justice will prevail either in this life or the next. Much love to you and your hubby.❤

Heritage Hall said...

Catherine dear ~ You are always such an inspiration. Your prayer-filled
days and stitching activities keep me on my toes.. Hope surgery goes well for Mike and that the other issues are resolved. Hold fast to your
Faith ... all will be well. Joining you in your prayers for others and
continued daily prayer for you and yours.

Edgar said...

Such lovely stitching on the PA rollup!! Congrats! Hope all goes well with Mike and his surgery, will keep him in our prayers!!

Pamela said...

The pumpkin table mat will be perfect for your fall table.

Katie said...

Beautiful work on everything.

Carol said...

Hi Catherine... beautiful stitching as always! I just wanted to wish Mike (and you) all the best for his upcoming surgery. Hoping and praying for an easy recovery and full healing ♥

Astrids dragon said...

I'm behind in blog reading and responding, but it looks like perfect timing to be praying for Mike's surgery tomorrow. Prayers for his surgery and healing.
That bunny is cute, such a big egg for him!
I'm looking forward to seeing your pincushion rollup finished, I hope it works for you.
How's the pumpkin table mat coming along? Such pretty colours!