Sunday, August 16, 2020

I have Been Busy And A Retreat

I do have a finish, it is a Blue Ribbon Design, Brenda is a wonderful designer, I am not a big fan of purple but love the green with the lavenders and purples.
I did do mine a little different then the finishing instructions.
Https://blueribbondesigns.blogspot.com




I also constructed the Scattered Seed Sampler https://scatteredseedsampler.blogspot.com this is Out On A Limb, from the Little Wren Club kit.

I added the ric rak of my own.



I was away for a week at a stitching retreat, it was wonderful to not be cutting wood staining or hearing a drill or hammer going. I taught a beading class and Keli the moderator taught a soap making class, I made the Peony scented soaps which are the blue soaps, Liza made a Vanilla soap and Keli made a scented soap I cannot remember, we did share a soap from each other. I brought a mold, they will be gifts at Christmas. The soaps  need to cure for six weeks before use.


Keli was very generous with gifts, she made hand balm which smells so good and makes your hands so soft, she also gave us a new pair of scissors with sheath, a needle threader, handmade soap bar and a project bag.



Liza and Theresa gave us little cute project box carriers, with pens notebook and other needs for crafting.


 

A special thank-you to Pamela Allen https://hokkaidokudasei.blogspot.com, thank-you for emailing me and asking if everything is okay, since I have not posted since the middle of July, here in Minnesota it is a short season to get outdoor things done.

Plus having a few family members ill has kept us busy, thankfully it is not the virus, just surgeries and other ailments.

We have been very healthy here and hope to stay healthy, we are still volunteering at the Food Shelf, we work with the best people in the world, we are very Blest to work and call then friends.

Time to sign off.

Stay Healthy


Catherine

22 comments:

Sandy said...

Love all your finishes and goodies. Good to see you back.

marly said...

Good to hear from you. Sorry there are family members not as well as could be.

Your work on the Blue Ribbon set is stunning. The tiny words are stitched perfectly and all pieces are beautiful.

Stay well!

Pamela said...

Glad to know you are well and busy with many projects. I like the matching toolie sets and the purple and green do go together well.

gracie said...

Perfect stitching. Handmade soaps are wonderful. Glad all is okay. Did you like the book?

Rita said...

Wonderful stitching and gifts!

Yes, it is nice with outdoor acticivies.

Marilyn said...

The Blue Ribbon design set is gorgeous!
Love the Little Wren also.
Looks like a fun retreat with great gifts.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Stasi said...

Catherine, your finishes are wonderful..what a sweet pride (and yes, I had to google that) of peacocks! Enjoy your week!

Clare-Aimetu said...

A lovely post, great stitching and your soaps look super

Robin said...

Your finishes are so pretty. So glad you were able to have retreat. So nice to have bit of normalcy in this crazy world we live in. Soap making sounds like fun. Lots of great goodies.

rebelrosecreations@gmail.com said...

Love all the finishes. Prayers to you and the family members. I hope things get better. The soap looks really good too. I love hand-made soaps.

Vickie said...

The Blue Ribbon set is really gorgeous! The Little Wren piece is pretty. How interesting to make soap. :)

Edgar said...

So pretty Catherine!! Well done!!!!!

butterfly said...

Love the stitching so beautiful.
Must be fun making your own soap .
Enjoy your day.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Very pretty finishes! And the soaps! Oh, my goodness, I would love to attend a workshop on soap making. (Especially with those nice goodies for take homes.) 💖

Faith... said...

Lucky you going to a retreat! Your soap looks great and I love all your beautiful finishes. So many gorgeous gifts you have received. Hope life slows down for you soon and the remodel is finished so you can have some piece and quiet.

Mary said...

Your peacocks are so pretty and you are so talented at finishing. I love homemade soap, I used to make it with a friend, would love to get back to it. Must have been nice to go to a retreat.

RJ said...

Catherine, your stitches are all so lovely. It's impossible to pick a favorite as I love them all. Sounds like you had a great retreat. I hope one day I can get to one. Come see what I did with the pattern you sent me Lady Liberty. I think you will like it. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Astrids dragon said...

Oooh, look at your finishes, they ALL look fantastic! I love the colours in the peacock, very pretty.
How lucky that you were able to able to attend a stitching retreat, and enjoy a soap making class! Great gifts too. Nice to see you posting again!

Carol said...

Oh, your finishes are just amazing, Catherine--I do love that sweet wren design so much. And look at you making soap! My sister-in-law makes it, too, and it is always so special when she gives me some.

So sorry to be so late visiting and leaving a comment--July was such a month of ups and downs in our family that I just finally feel like I'm getting my feet back under me. Hope you and your family are staying well!

The Liberty Belle said...

You have been quite productive! I bet that peony scented soap smells lovely. Your stitches are very pretty. Wishing you a blessed and joyful week.

Tiffstitch said...

Glad you've been staying healthy and I hope everyone has recovered well. What a great break for you and sounds like it was very much needed. Beautiful work on all, including the soap!

Margret said...

Big thanks to Dr. Iyabiye who treated/cure my brother of chronic HEPATITIS B and Liver Cirrhosis. My brother was diagnosed of the disease last year and will try several antiviral medications but they were all to no avail. At a point my brother developed swollen stomach and loss of appetite, I went online out of frustration for a new medication and I came across this doctor’s recommendation. I reached out to him and my brother was cured after the completion of the medicine and tested negative at the hospital. Dr. iyabiye’s contact: +234-815-857-7300 and email: iyabiyehealinghome@gmail.com