Thursday, March 29, 2018

Some Stitching And A Construction Finish

Happy Spring my dear friends, it chilly today but not cold, as the ground warms the air seems warmer even when it is a balmy 36 degrees, the snow is almost gone but who knows what will come in the form of moisture, I am hoping for rain not snow.

I have been busy playing suzie homemaker I cleaned the fridge/freezer yesterday, surprising I only had to get rid of two items, I use baking soda in my fridge and freezer and change them every three-four months, you never know what smells that will appear in there.

I have also done very little stitching but have a construction to show you, this is a class project from Betsy Morgan Willing hands class from 2015, Paper Pieceing Bristol Bag, I love this even in all its redness on white, I usually do not do monochromatic projects.







I did get some stitching done on my Little Snowy Blue Church, I am still waiting for the Krienik thread to get to my home.


My next construction project is a Blackbird Designs Class Project, I hope to have this barrel finished tomorrow evening. I took this class last year in Chaska Minnesota, Stitchville USA has a Spring Fling every year.




I was reading on some  designers sites they like to back their pieces with lite weight fusing, it sure does help keep the wrinkles away, I would have done the same for the top of this barrel but that would have made my needle and pins dull so only the lower barrel is fused.

This evening Mike leaves at midnight for Adoration until 01:00 a.m. I then go from 02:00 a.m. until 03:00, unless the person replacing me does not show up which has happened before, I will be tired but do not have to work at the food shelf tomorrow, we will be delivering meals on wheels on Monday.
We will be serving dinner here on Easter Sunday, we are expecting a small group, we used to take everyone out for buffet but since so many have left this world we feel it is just as good for me to cook dinner which I am looking forward to.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate and Happy Passover to all who celebrate.

Catherine




 

21 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Catherine your red stitching is especially pretty. Happy Easter to you and Michael!

Diane H said...

Your stitching is lovely. Happy Easter to you.

Carol said...

Oh, Catherine, your red and white bag project is truly beautiful! There is just something about red and white that really appeals to me :)

Wishing you a blessed Easter!

marly said...

That set is gorgeous! I love the red. Happy Easter to you and family.

Marilyn said...

The Willing Hands piece is beautiful, as is the drum piece.
Blue Church is coming along nicely.
Have a great Easter weekend!
Marilyn

Pamela said...

Pretty stitching, especially the little bag and set.

Jackie's Stitches said...

Your Betsy Morgan piece is fantastic! You beautifully stitched it and put it together. I took my first two classes with her last month and she is a fantastic teacher. Looking forward to seeing what you do next!

Linda said...

Beautiful finishes Catherine.

Linda

Faith... said...

The bag is beautiful Catherine! Congrats on both the beautiful stitching and the assembly.

Marti said...

The stitching bag is really cute. Was there any sewing involved in the construction? It looks to me like you have been doing quite a bit of stitching and on such cute projects too. You are so talented. Sounds like you have a busy weekend ahead. Take care and Happy Easter.

Rita said...

O, this construction finish... splendid!
Happy Easter!

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching, Catherine! I like your red and white stitching set, so beautiful:)

butterfly said...

Wonderful stitching , you are making some beautiful stitching projects .

Happy Easter.

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Catherine, this little red bag with all the tiny accessories is so beautiful. You were doing a great job on stitching and finishing all of these. And wonderful stitching on the other projects.
Happy Easter!

Mary said...

Your construction pieces are beautiful, you are doing an wonderful job on these complex finishes. Fantastic progress on your beautiful church. Ihope you got rain...we are getting lots and lots of snow!!

Daffycat said...

Ooo, wonderful stitching bag! I’m not big on red but it’s very attractive. I love your BBD pieces. Looking forward to seeing them completed.

sanpiseth40 said...

Thanks for all your efforts that you have put in this, It's very interesting Blog...
I believe there are many who feel the same satisfaction as I read this article!
I hope you will continue to have such articles to share with everyone!
ดูหนังออนไลน์

Mia said...

Great stitching, Catherine. Happy to meet you, my friend.

Robin said...

Your red bag is simply gorgeous. I’ve seen that one in person at a retreat with Betsy Morgan. I didn’t take that class but Betsy had it on display. Those who have not seen it in person can’t appreaciate how many and how tiny the pieces are. Terrific job stitching and finishing.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

More lovely stitching and finishing. The red bag is just wonderful.

Nice progress on the church too. I love these sparkly buildings.

cocoya said...

O, this construction finish... splendid!
กำถั่ว