Sunday, March 18, 2018

I Have Been Busy

Happy Easter to all who celebrate this Holy Season: Spring begins on the 20th if and I mean if it does not snow, I feel if it snows it just is not spring yet.
So I shall show you what I have been up too, I have been stitching on my Little Snowy Church a bit and working on constructing my Kindred Spirits Class Project from 2015, I have made some progress until I noticed I made a big mistake and had to frog the needleroll, ouch is what I said.

This is what it looks like now finally, so sorry about the wrinkles, tomorrow I will work on constructing the needleroll.

 
I did finish the Pipkin, not my best finish but I am happy, on the ends I did ribbons, because I do not do ribbon flowers good enough. Not sure why there is a shadow on the front of the Pipkin, I did take a photo at night.
 
 
I did the Pincube also, I added a little weight inside the cube to make it have a little weight.
 

 
I also did get the bands inside the Shaker Box finished.
 



I have the Ruler and Scissor Case to construct and then I will be done, yahoo.

I did get some stitching on Little Snowy Church, I am loving this piece so much, I may do the other Church soon.


I wish you all a great week, keep those needles pushing.
Please do not forget to stop over to http://victorianmottosamplershoppe.blogspot.com to enter Nancy's giveaway, I have used her threads they are wonderful, she gives you a whole lot more then DMC or any specialty threads, her giveaways are fantastic.

Blessings
Catherine
 
 
 

16 comments:

Marti said...

Your Shaker box is going to be awesome! What is the Pipkin? It looks like a coin holder from the 60's or 70's. They were rubber and opened when you squeezed the corners. Does the Pipkin work like that?

Deb said...

Nice projects you have, the little snowy church is lovely

Pamela said...

I really like all the matching toolies! Very nice!

Brigitte said...

Your Shaker box looks awesome, Catherine. And so sweet to have matching accessories for it. That's definitely a great project.

butterfly said...

Love what you have been stitching Catherine.
Love the little pin cube. The whole Shaker box looks wonderful.
Have a lovely week hugs June.

Marilyn said...

What a nice collection you will have, it all looks so pretty.
The church is coming along nicely too.
Have a great week!
Marilyn

Preeti said...

The shaker box and the accessories finishes look lovely, Catherine! I am sure the needle roll will also turn pretty:) Great progress on the church project.

marly said...

Wow. Your pieces are finished perfectly! Did not know that Pipkin is what they called, and I will search online for more information about construction. Not to make one, just curious. Such a beautiful set!

Linda said...

Congrats on the beautiful finishes Catherine.

Linda

Rita said...

What a clever design and finishes!

RJ said...

Oh my Catherine what a lovely set you are making. Alot of those finishes look difficult to me. You are very talented to make them. I had never heard of a Pipkin before but it is lovely. And, I think it looks very pretty with the ribbons on the sides.

I also love your church...so very pretty. I just finished a church myself (the one from the Hometown Holiday series). It too was an enjoyable stitch.

Hope your snow is gone soon so you can enjoy Spring. RJ

Faith... said...

Very pretty set of finishes Catherine!

Carol said...

Wow, Catherine!! Your finishing is just so lovely on your set. I can't imagine doing anything that complicated...

Happy Spring to you--hope the snow lets up, soon. We are getting snow right now here in Pennsylvania. Sigh! This winter truly won't end!!

Cynthia said...

Kudos to you for doing that finishing. It's beautiful. You must have a lot of patience.

Mary said...

Great progress on your pretty church. I love the set you have finished. I have never attempted anything with the complexity that you have done. Now I know what a pipkin is!! Such detailed finishing done to perfection!!

Robin said...

Nice progress on your church. And wow, fabulous job on your smalls and shaker box. Is Kindred Spirits and Ellen Chester Class? It looks like hers. Regardless, it’s looking good.