Monday, January 16, 2017

Greetings Friends

Happy Stitching everyone: I have not gotten much done on the stitching front, we have been busy getting my Father-in-Law ready to move to assisted living, he is happy and sad at the same time, he will be losing a bit of independence, he is 93 still gets around and can do most things for himself, he just needs a little help with eating, he makes not the bet choice's.

I did get some stitching done on Paper Snowflake, I love this design, however I am not sure about the fabric, it looks a lot lighter then the fabric in the package photo, I want to try and do a little dye job before I put on the hands or face, I am scared of doing this but if I spray lightly from a distance maybe it will work.
The thread choice for the skirt looks different then the photo also.
Hopefully it will be finished by January 26th.


I am a member of Stitchersvillage, I love this Village, they have a Forum that you can comment on daily, they have many other things to see and visit, I play Bingo  when they have it, so this month I played and won a lovely design, it is Legacy Pattern Hilltop House and Quilt Barn Christmas Village Ornaments, with backing fabric, pattern, ribbon and padding for the ornaments, I love this, design and will stitch them after I finish Paper Snowflake.


Well today the themps were in the upper 30's yahoo, we are in a January heatwave, for about a week, next week they are saying upper 40's, I cannot wait, I am enjoying this January thaw.
We are suppose to get an ice storm but I think that will not be, so far it is staying in the southern part of the state about two counties away, that is okay with me.
I took Krissy for a long walk today, for her a half hour is long she is still recovering from her knee and ligament surgery  from November, she had a blast sniffing and snorting.
I hope you all are well and are having great weather.
Thank-you for stopping by and leaving me a comment.

Blessings
Catherine
 

14 comments:

Linda said...

Nice progress and lovely win Catherine.

Linda

marly said...

I've done the light spray before and it worked. My mister is so fine it is almost like a fog so I don't get any droplets. I cover the light threads with a little tape if I don't want them aged. Test the spray first on white paper to see the pattern. Why am I telling you this? You know!!

butterfly said...


Love your new stitch , I think it looks great , what about bringing colour at the front with material panels .
But best of look with your spraying .
Lovely win what a fab prize .

Marilyn said...

Great progress.
The ornaments will be too cute.
Glad Krissy is enjoying walking.............and sniffing. :)
Marilyn

Preeti said...

Hi Catherine, You made a good progress on your stitching and you won some lovely gifts too:)

Vickie said...

Paper Snowflake is very pretty Catherine. I am glad you and Krissy are able to get out and walk. We just had freezing rain all day and night yesterday. I hear the salt trucks at 4:30 this morning. I am avoiding walking out there!!

Carol said...

I hope all goes well with your FIL's move to assisted living, Catherine. It is sometimes harder on the family than the parent to watch them lose their independence...

Love your stitching and congratulations on the win! Looks like this new year is going well for you :)

Tiffstitch said...

Congrats on your win! could you use a darker face shade instead of trying to dye the fabric?

CathieJ said...

At 89 my mom seems to make poor food choices also. She lives alone and unfortunately can't afford assisted living although that would be the ideal option. Congrats on your Bingo win. Good luck with the dying. It is a shame when the colors of a kit don't match the photo that drew you to buy it.

Penny said...

I've noticed the older my parents get they tend to choose things that are easy and don't require a lot of preparation. Typically what I would classify as junk food. I try to double some of the things I cook and take them a portion. It is very hard to see loved ones lose their independence - it's good your FIL has you and your husband to help.

I think your stitching is looking very pretty! Good luck with your spraying experiment. : ) And congratulations on your stitching win! I will look forward to seeing your ornament finishes.

Hopefully, the ice storm stays away!

Von said...

I hope your FIL adjusts well to assisted living. My dad spent the last couple of years in AL and he really liked it. Luckily, we found a great place with wonderful caregivers who worked with us and really enjoyed caring for him.

Looks like you have some good comments above regarding dyeing - I wish you luck!! :D

Bea said...

Congratulations on your win! Your stitch piece is lovely, so I'm sorry the colours weren't what you expected.

The move to assisted living can be upsetting, but there comes a point where it's the best choice. Good luck!

Deb said...

Lovely progress on paper snowflakes, nice win at Bingo. I hope your FILs transition to the Assisted Living goes smoothly. Enjoy the warmer weather while it last.

Frances said...

You are a lucky winner!!!
I also love your stitching! I have noticed that sometimes the things I start don't really look like the picture you go by. I've never sprayed anything, so I guess I'm not much help there! It's a very pretty pattern, and the colors are pretty, even if they aren't what you were expecting.
It's very hard to have elderly parents. My mother, who passed almost 2 years ago, was lucky and stayed home for her entire life. My father, who passed 30 years ago, was young and became ill at a young age, very similar to my husband. So he never even got old! You never know what life has in store for you, but it's so good that you and your husband are there for him. I'm sure you will make the right decision.