Sunday, April 13, 2014

Retreat Post and some other goodies to share

Welcome to all my followers and welcome to my new followers thank-you.
I was at Retreat last week-end Stitchville USA, we were lucky to have Cynthia Zittel from The Drawn Thread,  on friday we worked on a scissor fob this is done on 32 count Pink Sand Permin, I love the color so refreshing, it is stitched one over two threads, on the edges it is finished with beading, I love me some beadwork.


 
 
The Sampler we worked on on saturday is called A Pocket Full Of Stitches Sampler and Sewing Pocket, this is also worked on Pink Sand Permin Linen 32 count, Needlepoint Silk and Dinky Dyes silk threads, this is also stitched one over two,  I have started on this and will post pictures as I go along.
 




I love birds and had to do this little lovely as soon as possible this is from the bookPin Cushion Appeal by Just Another Button Company, totally love this book LaRue my dear Friend had this so of course I had to do the Bird, I did mine just a little different, I blanket stitched the wings on and stitched all the decorative stitches on the wings by hand, this sits on an old wooden thread spool, I found this at a thrift store long ago,  I am now glad I bought it, you never know what you will find at the thrift stores.






Next is a Hearts Content Floral Urn stitched on 100% Silk Gauze, I love this little project I did not want to do a framed picture so I finished it into a watch face, I will be adding a bead bracelet to finish it off.





 
 
I worked on this Drawn Thread Peace Scissor Fob last month on my IHSW, I just never did post it sometimes life gets way to busy for me, I stitched this on 36 count unknown fabric something that was in my stash closet, I used different threads then what it called for I also added a Swarovski crystal, instead of the called for Mill Hill bead, I love this and will finishe it maybe on tuesday or wednesday.
 



 
 
I hope all who celebrate Passover and Lent have a Blessed season and warm weather.
 
Blessings
 
Catherine

3 comments:

Hopblogger said...

Hello Cathy!
Love the bird and all of the other nice projects that you finished. I am glad that you had a great time at the retreat!
xoxox, Conny

Linda said...

Wonderful stitching Catherine.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Wonderful post...I love the 'Peace' tag by Cynthia and what you decided to do with the silk gauze floral. Hope to see you at the Ranch this fall.
((((HUGS)))))
Julie