Saturday, January 22, 2022

Some Framing Some Stitching & What I will Be Doing Next

 Thank-you to all my followers for your comments, welcome to my new followers.

I am so sorry I have not been sending out Thank-You's, I have had a hand issue which I has surgery on my right, and which is my stitching hand, surgery went well hopefully all the cancer is gone.

I did have three items framed however I do not think I will go back to the place that framed them, not a good job, they did not even weave thread back and forth just pinned on the back of core board which left some wrinkles, I had to take apart and redo.

This is a Pamela Kellogg Kitty & Me designs https://kittyandmedesigns.blogspot.com I love her cats; she has a freebie design on her blog this week.

I chose a hand dyed fabric 28 count Laguna Carpe Noctem which I bought on the net from sunnydyefabrics.com I like their fabric colors and choices.


I decided last November that I was going to stitch at least one -two Christmas items, I chose this Jolly Old St. Nicholas, from JBW Designs, done on 32 count mystery fabric, I have had this for a while, it                                                         was a freebie in an exchange at a retreat.




 This is the free pattern from Sassy Jack's stitchery site, I bought the silk thread and fabric from Sassy                                                               Jack's, I am so loving this design.


I stitched the Church a while ago, it is Little Snowy Blue Church by Nora Corbett, I really like the                         framing and how it looks without matting, we tried matting it just did not look right.


This is a Scattered Seeds Sampler Tammy Black design, Springs Messenger a Pin Keep, I added the                                                          fabric beading which I found at a thrift store.


My next project is   from Belinda at https://blueribbondesigns.com , I really like her youtube videos she                         does on her blog site check her out some time, I plan on staring this soon.


I have been looking for a book to keep track of my projects, I could not find one so make my own is what I will do, I found My Stitchy Project sheet on Pinterest, I will be making a book to add the pages to, I like how it has a place for threads, Designer area, Pattern name and fabric type, fabric count, date started and finished and a note area, there were many free pages to choose from, this one works the best for me.


This is also a design I will be starting after my Blue-Ribbon Designs is finished, I love anything                                                                               involving Valentine's 
I am still recovering and taking it easy, I have done a little finishing of a few items, will show on my                                                                                 next post.

Stay safe and healthy

Catherine

27 comments:

Heritage Hall said...

Hoping the surgery went well and that you are looking at complete recovery. Enclosing
you in prayer. Just love the picture of the church in falling snow that heads your blog.
Those are some lovely projects you are planning.

Sandy said...

Good luck with your healing. Will you need some physical therapy? St. Nicholas is darling. Sorry you didn't have a good experience at the framer. LOVE the church and with that frame, you're right...no need for matting. Sometimes it adds to the work; sometimes it doesn't.
Sandy's Space

Stasi said...

Your pieces all look great, Catherine. I did that JBW Santa and made the little place mat for my grands to use to out Santa's snacks on Christmas Eve.
Hope the hand continues to heal and you're back up to stitching at warp speed soon.

Sandi said...

Love the snowy church! The painting aaaand the header photo. 😃

Terri D said...

I'm not a stitcher but I do appreciate the talent and patience. Love the cat, especially! xo

Pamela said...

It’s so hard to find a good framer. You have stitched some pretty pieces.

CathieJ said...

I am hoping you recover quickly from your surgery. Hand surgery is one of the worst (I have endured 2 separate surgeries when I was young). You realize how much you rely on your hands. I have a good framer, though quite expensive. Sadly she can't do any unusually shaped mattes. I really wanted a round matte for my last project, but she couldn't do that. I had her frame the item anyway, because I know she does a good job. I really like all those finished projects. Are you going to frame St. Nicolas or make him into something else. That church is beautiful.

butterfly said...

Love your Cat just beautiful.
So are the rest of your stitching finishes .

Sorry to hear about your hand , hope all is well soon .
Have a happy Sunday .Big Hugs .

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful stitching and framing, I hope your hand is better doon, sending love for a positive result

Sue said...

Beautiful stitching Catherine, love the cat and the Santa. Hope that you recover from your hand surgery soon.

Marilyn said...

All very nice projects & finishes.
I hope your hand heals well.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

Dear Catherine, What kind of cancer was this on your hand? I am praying for your dear friend.
The cat finish is AMAZING!!

Carol said...

Your framed finishes are beautiful, Catherine! I'm so sorry you had to take them apart and redo them, though! At least you can cross that framing shop off your list. Love your other stitching, as well. Will certainly keep you in my thoughts and prayers for healing and that you can get back to your stitching very soon! Take good care now ♥

Jackie's Stitches said...

So sorry to hear about your hand surgery! I hope all is well. My sister had MOHS surgery and the hand can be a tough spot for healing.

So frustrating to have to do a job you paid someones for all over again. I hope you can find a good framer soon. They can be difficult to find!

Sandy said...

I am glad that the hand is doing better. I have found that the framing stores all depend on just a really good person in the back that knows what they are doing. I have a good and bad job at the same store. There was the best lady at the AC Moore before it closed. She did the best I have had in a while. I had hoped she would be picked up at the Michaels that replaced it but no. Pooh.
I love all of those stitches especially the church.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Astrids dragon said...

Dearest Catherine, prayers for your healing and continued health.
Your framed pieces look lovely, but I hope you find a better framer for the next time.
Santa looks adorable, do you know how you're going to finish him?
Good for you finding the right project tracker. I think even if I found the right one, I wouldn't fill it in consistently!
Sending hugs your way.

Katie said...

Beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing.

Mary said...

Catherine, I am so sorry to hear that you had to have surgery, I pray that you are healing well and continue feel better.
Love all your stitching, the cat is amazing and love, love the Springtime Messenger. The church is gorgeous. Sorry to hear you were not thrilled with the finishing. For what is charged it should be done perfectly. I always look forward to seeing your stitching. Take care!

Pamela Kellogg said...

Oh my! So much gorgeous stitching!! And your cat is stunning!!!

Faith... said...

Sorry to hear you had cancer and I pray that the surgery got it all. Glad you were able to redo the finishing on your pieces, they look great. Good luck with your book making! That sheet looks like a good idea. Take care of your hand, don't over do things that will make it hurt more.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Praying for your healing and good health.

God bless always.

Sandy said...

Hope you're doing better each day with your hand. Out blog walking so thought I'd pop back in to say hi.
Sandy's Space

Victor S E Moubarak said...

God bless always.

Susan Zarzycki said...

Catherine, thank you for your lovely comments on my blog. I love your stitching, you are so talented and prolific! I especially like the cat and church. I pray that God will put his healing touch upon your hand and your cup will overflow with blessings. Have a beautiful day my bloggy friend.💖

Sandy said...

Me out blog walking again, so wishing you well and hope you feel better today than you did yesterday and better still tomorrow.

Sandy's Space

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for your comment to me made on Brian G Hill's website/Blog.

I am at http://timeforreflections.blogspot.com

God bless.