Friday, January 4, 2019

My New Start And A Note

I hope this year has been good to you so far, it has been to me except the kitchen, I have been trying to keep it as neat as possible, they did deliver center island half finished which is okay with me.
I know it looks a little odd but the doors and drawer fronts need to be added, it really is pretty, we went with hickory for the strength of the wood, I wanted a bright color and not painted, I have asked realtors how hard it is to sell a home with painted cabinets, they said it can be a hard sell, I love painted cabinets.



I did get another Christmas present a big one, a new table and chairs, I love what Mike chose, they are heavy and the chairs are so comfy you could sit in them for hours.


I have been stitching, I started this on New Years Eve, worked on it night before last and plan on stitching on it this evening, I am not sure  why the fabric looks so light, it really is a more wheat color. This is the Spring Fever Loose Feathers Series For The Birds.



I wanted to show you an amazing note that was under our windshield one day last week, we have Viet Nam Vet plates on our car, someone left this note
I find this so sweet.


Thank-you for all your sweet and lovely comments, I hope your needles are working hard this weekend.

Catherine

15 comments:

Sandy said...

That was such a sweet note. There is good out there!
I like your new stitch and table and chairs.

butterfly said...

How nice to get the kind note .
Lovely stitching start .
Your kitchen is looking very nice and a lovely gift from hubby .

HAPPY NEW YEAR.

Marilyn said...

The island & table set look very nice.
I guess there really are some good people out there!
What a nice gesture.
Marilyn

Vickie said...

How wonderful that note is. Your new table and chairs are lovely.

Heritage Hall said...

That note is a great idea for paying it forward. How good of that person to note
your placard and acknowledge your service. Only a few moments, but what a difference
it made in your day, I'm sure. Your stitch project is lovely. Hubby has great taste
right down to comfort. The kitchen will be the centerpiece of your home. Have a
blessed weekend.

Faith... said...

What a sweet note! I love how your table and chairs look, they are gorgeous. Nice island too; you are very busy with the kitchen. Love your new start Catherine.

Justine said...

What a lovely note, so nice that someone took the time out of their day to write it. I like the colours in your new start. If you want painted cabinets I think you should have them!

StitchThrifty said...

Great choice on the table and chairs! So kind that someone took the time to write a note for you all. Love the new start. I'm new and I have added you to my reader.

Julie said...

A lovely note to find on your car, what a caring person.
I hope you have lots of great mealtimes at the new table, its lovely.

marly said...

How nice of them to leave the note. Looks like your cabinets have pull-out shelves. I love mine. Anxious to see more!

Linda said...

What an awesome note Catherine. Love your new start.

Linda

Quilter Kathy said...

Lovely bird stitchery! Enjoy your stitching today!

Marti said...

What a nice thing for someone to do. Your island looks great. I love natural wood so I'm glad you are not painting. I'd like to have all wood in our kitchen but I think it may be overwhelming so I may do a mix. Is your island going to match your other cabinets?

I add to my blog roll from time to time, and nearly every time I check it (maybe twice a month), a blog or two has disappeared. I don't know what is happening. Sometimes I don't remember which blog has disappeared and only know the roll is shorter than it had been.

Carol said...

I love the fact that someone took the time to leave that note, Catherine! It's amazing how a few simple words can brighten someone's day, isn't it?

Your kitchen is looking great--those chairs really do look sturdy and comfortable. Hope your 2019 just keeps getting better and better--you are off to a great start!

RJ said...

I love that note Catherine. Something similar happened to one of our friends the other day. He was having breakfast at Cracker Barrel and a man nearby saw he was wearing a military hat from the Vietnam War and paid for his breakfast and thanked him for serving his country.

Love how your kitchen is coming along. What a great way to start the New Year. I owe you an email and will very soon. RJ