Saturday, February 1, 2014

This is not stitch related but

I have to ask a question, what the heck is wrong with gown designers? are they trying to make stars look silly in some of the clothing they create for them, I am sad about some of the clothing that walks up to the podium to recieve an award, look at Julia Roberts who is one of my favorite stars, she had on a short black lace dress that looked like it had not seen and iron and her hair reminded me of someone who just came in from a wind storm, wow do people not ever really dress for such an event, gone are the days when people tried to look nice.

Many of the stars looked wonderful, Taylor Swift  looked beautiful in her gown, come on designers try a little harder and really design something we want to see not something we donot want to see.

Some of the gowns looked like wedding gowns, some looked like they were thrown together at the last minute, please hollywood dress up not down, and Madonna what the heck is the matter with you?

If you donot like my post I am sad for you this is my blog not yours.
I just had to vent

Catherine

7 comments:

Marilyn said...

I agree, there's a lot of really "weird" clothes out there now.
Marilyn

Catherine said...

I concur!! Not many take true pride anymore in the presentation of their self.

Robin said...

last chance - your name was selected as the winner of my Pay It Forward give away. Please let me know if you are interested. see the post. http://stitchingwitch.blogspot.com/2014/01/and-winner-is.html

Chris said...

Who knows what they are thinking sometimes with the fashion choices. I love the silly kitty picture on the right of your blog!
Have a great upcoming week!

Christina said...

Yes, you're right. It's like they have to be different for different's sake. What is wrong with just looking and being elegant???

Hopblogger said...

Don't know what is wrong with them. The clothing is too revealing and does not lend itself to your minds imagination. Myself - I love the elegant looks of the 40's and 50's gowns. Love those silk chiffons. That fabric moves with grace.
Mini smiles and hugs!

Jan said...

LOL! I agree. They still make irons and I think there are some clothes that require them. I was in the bank this morning talking to a young man about some investments that my mother had and his shirt looked like he slept in it. It just seemed so unprofessional, and I'm surprised his boss didn't say anything.