Wednesday, April 6, 2011

I have been very busy


I have been working so much I took today tomorrow and friday off, on friday Stitchville USA is hosting a Spring Fling The teacher this year is Jeannette Douglas, I am excited to see her works in person, last year we were blessed with Blackbird Designs Barb and Alma, they were a hoot.

Well today I picked up my Mother and we met her brother and sister-inlaw at P.F. Changs wow the food gets better everytime I go there.

I just had to stop and shop at Buffalo Nickle a great big barn with antiques and handmade items, the baby shoes were only 3.00 the crocheted slppers were 4.95

I plan on turning these into pin cushions for a fund raiser at stitch group in october.

The lady pin cushion was a great find I have never seen anything like this before, it did have a few hat pins in the skirt but they were rusted so I tossed them into the trash, the frames really are nicer then the picture shows I love the look of old frames I am not sure of the stitched piece that will go into each one but I will find something.

I fell in love with the valentine card this is what cards looked like when I was growing up, very pretty and romantic, the metal shoe is just a hoot this too will be a pin cushion I will keep this for myself I LOVE it.

The punch needle fabric and instructions were found at Savers I only paid 3.95 a package and each package had 3 in one package and four in the other the cross stitch patterns were also in the packages, I made a haul, my friend who does punch needle has already offered to buy them from me for 4.00 dollars apeice I donot do punch needle I have tried it but donot do a very good job.

I am working on my Blackbird Designs exchange piece I cannot post a picture until after the lady I am making it for has recieved it, I am almost done and plan on sending it off next week.

Happy Easter to you all.


Catherine

1 comment:

Hopblogger said...

These are going to make great looking pincushions. Love the pink shoes & the lady. She is a beautiful find!