Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Some Stitching Finally

Hello and Happy Spring:
First of all thank-you for all your kind words and prayers about my Mothers passing, I really am grateful from the bottom of my heart.
I will send email thank-you's  as soon as possible.
You all have touched my heart greatly, if not for Family Friends and of course my Friends here in Blog Land I would be a basket case.

Some stitching, you al by now know I like Brenda Gervais designs, heck I like all designs, but she is one of my top ten, I stitched this this week for some comfort, my Mother would not have wanted me to grieve so much (which is hard not to do) so I put myself into my favorite chair and stitched, I love this design, it will be a pin pillow after I sew an insert and add the crushed walnuts.


So sorry about the wrinkles, I just did not have the energy to run into the laundry room hook up the iron and iron this lovely piece.


This is my next project, I love this design, I have seen it in person it is much prettier then the photo. I am doing it on 32 instead of 36 count linen, only because I live 60 miles from Stitchville USA needlework shop, it will be just a little bit larger but not that much.


Next I have a question for you: Does anyone know what this design maybe from, I found this in the stash relocation pile last August and have this thing about unfinished projects, I found it this way with the it started in this pretty green.


Thank-you to Vickie for the email about the missing photo.


I want to tell you about a couple of new Bloggers that share the same Blog, it is Mary and RJ  the link is http://stitchingfriendsforever2.blogspot.com

Stop over and say hello if you can, they did a couple of cute Bunny pillows that are adorable.

I need to get shopping for some 32, 36, and some specialty threads, I am running low.

Today it is gloomy only because of the rain, it has been raining and windy for almost 24 hours, Mike fertilized last Thursday and will be on his second mowing tomorrow if it does not stay cold and rainy, I like to mow but he will not let me, it was hard for him when he was recovering from surgery last summer I got to mow for almost three months, I loved it, we do not have a rider just a self propelled mower, we have a lot big enough for a rider but we still like to walk.

I am in my head planning my flowers this year, it is still too cold to put any out, I know that there are some that can handle the cold but I cannot, so it will wait.

It is noon and time for a fruit smoothy, yummy, I hope you all are well and having  great  progress in all your crafts.

Blessings
Catherine

13 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the pretty finish Catherine.

Linda

Vickie said...

Oh Love Letters is darling! Lady Liberty is going to be wonderful. Yes, I have "met" Mary and RJ. Such a nice blog and nice ladies. I want to plan flowers, but I probably cannot get out in the sun at all again this year,so it is best not to.

Faith... said...

Love Letters looks great Catherine and I am really looking forward to seeing Lady Liberty. Sorry I can not help you with the name if the design with the sleigh.

I imagine mowing the grass is some nice quiet "me" time and that is why Mike doesn't want to give it up! Off to visit the new blog...

RJ said...

Catherine I do think stitching is so good for you. I'm so glad you got right back to it. Love Letters is really a pretty stitch. I agree with you about all Brenda Gervis designs...love them all. I'm a patriotic nut so I'm really loving your future drum. Have you made them before? I have a pattern I keep putting off because I've never sewn one before. I don't know what the mystery stitch is but it's a great start. And lastly how very sweet it is of you to mention our new blog. It was such a surprise to read about us in your post. So far it has been fun and we have met such lovely people along the way. Thank you so much. RJ

butterfly said...

Lovely stitching Catherine , my stitching helped me so much when I lost loved ones.
Have a lovely day hugs.

Marilyn said...

Glad to see you are still stitching.
Great projects!
Sorry, can't seem to place what the sled is from, but it's pretty. :)
Marilyn

Erin said...

I'm glad you've made a little time for stitching, Caroline. And what you've finished is lovely!

As for your mystery WIP....my guess is "Up On The Housetop" by Prairie Schooler. (Is there a prize if I'm right?? LOL)

Erin

cucki said...

Wow congrats on the pretty finish my dear
Sending you love x

Rita said...

Such a lovely heart!

CathieJ said...

Your stitching is so pretty. I love the new project that you will be starting. I can't believe that you love mowing. I had to mow every week growing up and I hated it. I am going to check out the new blog now. Thanks for the link.

Preeti said...

Lovely stitching, Catherine! Looking forward to your next project.

Carol said...

I'm sure that stitching and the sheer busyness of spring is helping ease your pain after losing your dear mother, Catherine. I am so dreading that day... My mom will be 90 in two weeks so I know it is something I will face sooner rather than later.

Such a darling new finish and project line-up! Hoping your May will be a lovely month for you and your family.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That is a lovely heart. I am sure that stitching will heal your heart too. You will have time to think about your Mum and savour the good memories.