Tuesday, February 2, 2016

New Stash Some Stitching and Ground Hog's Day

Thank-you to all the lovely comments and birthday greetings from you all, my heart has been warmed from your birthday wish's and lovely comments on my stitching.

Today is Ground Hog Day, I know its just another day and the Ground, started in 1887 by Clymer H. Freas, in Punxsutawney Pennsylvania, the language spoken is Pennsylvania German, I am not sure what it sounds like, I would like to know for my curiosity gets me to wondering.
Well Punxsutawney did not see his shadow today, I hope he is right and we do have an early spring, however we are going to have a possible snow storm this evening.

I went with Michael to the PERA Office yesterday, he is retiring in April, he wanted to get a jump on his paper work, a short meeting and we were on our way to lunch.
We stopped at my favorite Needlework Shop Stitchville USA, I used my gift certificate, I di come home with some fun things.

Just Nan It's Snowing Men! w/ snowflakes and beads, fabric is 32 count fabric, I hope to have this stitched by next fall.

 
Country Stitches-With Thy Needle&Thread Witches Night Out, I love this little sweety, the fabric is Pearl Barley light 36 count.
 
 

Another With Thy Needle& Thread pattern, Be My Valentine I love this pattern, I will start stitching on it this  weekend, I will use a 35 count Weeks Dye Works Linen, I have a heart shaped box from a past  Valentine Days gift, it will be perfect.



Next is another With Thy Needle&Thread Paper Snowflakes, I am using the Weeks Dye Works  35 count linen, I did buy the threads for this, I have never used Valdani threads before, they look to me to be a very nice thread.



I guess you can tell by now I am hooked on With Thy Needle& Thread patterns, I love the vintage looks of Brenda's patterns, up next is: A Tisket A Tasket Pinkeep, I will do this as my March SAL that is being put on by:http://stitchinglotus.ca/


I am working on my newest Tammy Black pattern Scattered Seed Samplers Country Woolgatherer Pinpillow, oh my this is such a lovely kit, I love the wool Tammy has chosen to coordinate with this pattern it is yummy in my eyes.
I have started on the skirt and am almost finished with that color, I sometimes get bored doing the same color for a long period of time, not with this one for some reason.
The kit came with all the threads needle fabric wool coordinating  fabric and pattern, another Designer I am hooked on.



So here is the little girl on a surface where she should not be, I called her name and she looks up to the ceiling like she did not hear me, I have a special bottle of cleaner, when she sees that bottle she runs, she knows she should not be on the counters, but I still love her.


I am not sure what is going on here but the temps were in the 40's for a couple of days and the Asian beetles seem to think this is warm, this on was outside our bedroom door on the deck, see the ice on the deck along with this mixed up bug.



I see it is snowing out really hard right now so I need to get to stitching, I love to sit by the window and stitch and loom out to see the weather and know I am warm and safe inside today.
Thank-you for stopping by and all your kind comments.

Blessings
Catherine

18 comments:

cucki said...

All your projects are so beautiful
Happy stitching x

Vickie said...

Oh what a fun time you had with your birthday gift certificate. Looks like a lot of fun!

Rita said...

Thanks for your sweet comments on my blog.
All the patterns are beautiful, happy stitching!

Bea said...

You used your certificate wisely - great stash! Cats can't resist flat surfaces, no matter what we say.

Penny said...

I'm sorry I missed your birthday but I'm wishing you a late happy birthday! Your blog header is so cute. :) And wow...you sure got some nice stitchy stuff! Brenda's patterns are some of my favorites too. I love Tammy's designs also. I got a good laugh over your little kitty girl being on the counter - boy does that look very familiar. :)

Le trame della Galaverna said...

I love cat, is so beautiful
Beautiful projects wow

Linda said...

Cute pic of your furbaby. Love your new stash and nice start.

Linda

butterfly said...

Wonderful stash oh how I love your new header so sweet, so is your cat.
Hope you don't get to much snow , but it is pretty to watch it falling from the sky.

Preeti said...

Seems you had a fun day shopping :) Lovely stash!! Enjoy stitching :)

Marilyn said...

Great stash haul!
Looks like you had fun using your gift card. :)
Love the little Birdie on your header.
Marilyn

Chris said...

Happy Happy Belated Birthday my Friend!
How exciting that Mike's retirement process has started.
And Wow! What wonderful stash! You have wonderful taste in projects and are lucky that Stitchville USA is nearby!
Silly cat!

Hugs!

Kimmie said...

I always forget that you're more in the snow zone than I am! Yikes! You can keep it there! :)

Your projects are fabulous as usual!!

Kaisievic said...

Love the idea of snow (we do not get any here in Melbourne, Australia) and I love all of your new stash - great choices.

Carol said...

What great new stash--can't wait to watch your progress on each of them :) My old kitty did the same thing--but as soon as he saw my spray bottle appear, he would jump off, too!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Oh my what fantastic stash! Spring Quakers is stitched all in Valdani threads, now the thread on the balls is 3 stranded and we were instructed to stitch on 28ct using all 3 strands. It was nice to stitch with.

Yeah I had some of those Asian beetles pop up too, they give me the heebie jeebies!

Frances said...

I love all your new stash! That was a fun shopping trip!!
Kitty is so cute. And yes, they know they shouldn't be up there...I'm convinced that mine stays up there the entire time we are gone, and jumps down when we come in the door!

Christina said...

Your new charts are fabulous, Catherine. I especially love the falling snowmen...so cute!

Hopblogger said...

Hello Catherine,
Sorry I missed your special day. I hope it was fun. Gee time is flying. Mike is already retiring. Lovely things you have to stitch!
Have fun,
Conny