Thursday, March 8, 2018

Thank-you From My Heart To Yours

I have been having a bad week, its not been an easy time here in the Laurent house hold, many things have happened good and bad.
I was feeling sad very sad today, I am being reminded of how ill my Mother was this time last year, I am getting better at handling things its just a slow process.
First Mike brought in the mail, I had received a card from an amazing Lady from the South.
I opened the envelope and to my surprise I see the Cathedral of St. Paul in St. Paul Minnesota, it is a beautiful building with a beautiful history.
My dear Friend Frances,

too my surprise I was amazed to read and find a beautiful card of Saint Padre Pio of Pietrelcina my favorite Male Saint, we have numerous books on Saint Padre Pio, you cannot imagine my surprise, I did cry it is a beautiful gesture from a beautiful Lady.
Frances had this card touched too Saint Padre Pio's Glove, this makes a third class Relic, I am so touched by her generosity I had to cry.
To the people that are not Catholic, this is an amazing beautiful and heartfelt thing to do for someone.
Thank-you Frances you are one amazing and beautiful Lady.




Yesterday I read my emails and found a E-Card from RJ this card came at a time when I needed it, this E-card means so much to me, RJ has a way of making you feel special, she is also an amazing Lady.
I sent RJ a thank-you she responded with a return reply, I am truly Blessed to have so many wonderful and beautiful people in my life.
As a Blogger I feel Blessed to call you all my friends, we do live far from each other but miles do not matter in friendship.
Thank-you to you all for being in my life.

Well I did get some stitching done this week, I was at Minnesota needlework Guild Retreat last weekend, I had a ball, the table I sat at was perfect, of course all the ladies that were there are very special.
I am still trying to catch up with my commenting on your blogs and sending out thank-you's for your comments on my last post.
Well here is my progress on Little Snowy Church by Nora Corbet I can really see the Church coming together now, I am not a big fan of Kreinik threads but have somewhat mastered them a little.


I did have two designs framed up at Joann's two weeks ago, I will post photo's tomorrow.
Well its getting close to dinner, I am on my own this evening, Mike is at a Serra Club meeting and will have dinner there.
Thank-you for stopping by and reading and commenting.

Blessings
Catherine
 

6 comments:

marly said...

So sorry that you are experiencing sadness. Frances is a generous gifter, always with something thoughtful. Glad that her gift lifted your spirits.

Marilyn said...

What a nice gesture, the cards are beautiful.
The Church is looking good, great progress.
I hope you have a better week next week.
Take care. (((((((((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))))
Marilyn

Vickie said...

I am glad the gifts from Frances made you feel better. There is a large framed portrait of Padre Pio in the bakery downstairs. Your church is looking great Catherine. Hugs and love to you my friend!

Linda said...

Beautiful cards and stitching Catherine. Hope you feel better soon.

Linda

Frances said...

So very glad you loved your gift! It was a humbling experience to sit in the Cathedral with his relics.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It is lovely when cards arrive at just the right moment to cheer you up.

Love the progress on the Snowy Church, you will certainly get lots of practise with Kreinik on that design!